The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Pachira Aquatica

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by MerryColleen on March 04, 2006 09:16 PM
My daughter recently sent me a Money Tree as a housewarming gift. The plant was left on my doorstep while we were out of town in February (we live in New York so it was cold). The plant seemed to survive and has lots of new growth coming but all of the big leaves and some of the new ones have tannish colored patches on them which become almost transparent after a while. The plant looks healthy and the leaves haven't fallen off. I just want to know what is causing this and how I can stop it and prevent it from happening again. I have the plant in a bright spot with indirect light and keep water in the base so that it drinks when it needs it. The pot that it came in is very small so does it need to be repotted? It is about 16" tall from base of pot. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would hate to lose the plant.
by tkhooper on March 04, 2006 09:56 PM
This is a freshwater swamp plant. And it likes a lot of fertilizer and full sun to partial shade. So I would find a south facing window for it and put it as close as possible without courting drafts. Then I would water as often as necessary to keep the soil wet. If that is more often than every 3 days it is time to repot into a pot just one size larger.

Good luck with your plant. This is all the information that I could find.

-
 -
by Cricket on March 05, 2006 05:52 AM

Active Garden Forum