The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Prayer Plant leaves are crispy

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Prayer Plant Cuttings?| Next thread: Prayer Plant Losing Color »
Back to Thread index
by newtogardening on March 02, 2006 09:24 PM
Hi. I'm very new to plants and I have this prayer plant. It was doing excellent and it got really beautiful and bushy. Then my cat knocked it over and it all spilled all over. Since then the outer leaves all around the outside of the plant are brown,dry, and crispy. The inside of the plant is doing ok. The leaves are still green anyway. The brown leaves are still connected. Are these leaves dead? Should I pull them off? How would I go about getting these "dead" leaves off? Is the reason the plant is not doing well is because it's so dry in my house? I keep the soil moist. But for a period of about 2 weeks, I neglected it and didn't water it. Sorry, about all the questions, but I really want to save this plant. It's actually ( I thought) a really hardy plant. And it's beautiful when it's healthy. Thanks for your help!
by afgreyparrot on March 02, 2006 09:39 PM
Hi, newtogardening... [wavey]
I just read your welcome post a few minutes ago!

Here's some info on Prayer Plants...
Care and Cultivation of Prayer Plants

When I get brown leaves on my Prayer Plants I clip them off with the scissors or pull them off if they will come off easy.

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Prayer Plant Cuttings?| Next thread: Prayer Plant Losing Color »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: