The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

good news!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: GOOD Landscaping Software| Next thread: Good news/bad news »
Back to Thread index
by Sorathien on February 19, 2006 04:50 AM
i finally got my 48" flourecent light strip for my 20g fish tank. the tank is only 30" long, so the portion that hangs off the one end will be designated for my land plants. my epi is very happy with its new light. i've got two full spectrum bulbs in the strip, since i have a planted fish tank. i'll post pics of the tank and my epi tomorrow.
by weezie13 on February 19, 2006 04:52 AM
[clappy] You know we love pictures!!! [thumb]

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by angelblossom on February 19, 2006 05:58 AM
I think I may have an epi,, after reading the post on epi and watching the photos of blooming during the night: I looked into them further the leaf structure is the same in everyway except mine is more pale green in color,, I had always known it to be a "life plant" I've had it for several years and just set in the shade with dappled sun from early spring to late fall and stuck in the garage untill I felt it was warm enough to take back out [dunno] I believe I will repot it this spring and take better care of it and see what happens!
my grandson came over with a newly aquired $15.00 digital camera he earned at school and I managed to take a few pic dang I wish I would have thought of the "maybe" epi so you could confirm for me! But He was quick to get it back from me [Big Grin] [Big Grin] I put those pic in photobucket I'm going to TRY to get them linked here but as we all know Me and computers don't understand each other [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]
If this works I will fall right outta my chair! [shocked] [shocked] well here goes...

HTTP://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by angelblossom on February 19, 2006 06:08 AM
ouf! Owwww! &#^$& Hang on! I have to up right this..ouff ch chair! I cannot believe it. [shocked] [shocked] [Roll Eyes]

hey! It may not be nothing spectacular to most of ya! But for me it's an accomplishment( with NO Help no less) pics Not bad for a little cheapy Huh ?? Guess it's time I got one for myself! now my next question is how do I put it under my signature so> as I add to it it will always be there?? .
BTW The Devils back bone pic is after it bloomed the little burgandy/reddish colored flowers a couple of months ago it started to die back and got leggy but new leaves are finally trying to peek out [thumb] [flower]

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by Sorathien on February 19, 2006 12:49 PM
grr!!! stupid cat! my epi had a beautiful long sprout on it, at least 8 inches long that was starting to fatten out into a "leaf" and was nice red at the tip because it was finally getting enough light (since i moved it closer to the bulb) and my stupid cat broke off the last 3 inches or so. i know it will be ok and the broken tip will probably even sprout a new plant, but still, makes me sad [Frown]
by weezie13 on February 19, 2006 12:54 PM
Kitty probably was tryin' to make friends
with it... [Wink] [Wink] and just did a big Ooooopsie!!

Keep us posted.. [gabby] [thumb]

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Sorathien on February 20, 2006 12:58 PM
PICTURES!

Here is my epi, under its new light. you can see all the new sprouts.

-

and here's a few of my 20g freshwater fishtank. its only got 6 glowlight tetras an a honey dwarf gourami in it right now, but i'll be adding more fish soon.

-

-

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: GOOD Landscaping Software| Next thread: Good news/bad news »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: