The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

update on my pretty yard

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: update on my aquarium| Next thread: update pics »
Back to Thread index
by flycats on August 31, 2006 05:24 AM
Here's my pretty yard as of May 2006. I'll try and get some more recent pics. The portulaca is recent. SO PRETTY. oh yeah and ignore the bag of cement! I built the circular patio myself with no mortar!
 -
 -  -  -  -

The cat's asleep, I whisper "kitten", until he stirs a little and begins to purr.
by weezie13 on August 31, 2006 05:32 AM
Love it....

Are those things really chairs those
pots'/containers with purple flowers are in???
Wow, I love it..

Everything looks very nice...
You can comee to my house and build that stuff
annnnnnny day!!! [Wink] [Wink] [Wink] [Big Grin] [thumb] [flower] [clappy] [grin]

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by ND farm girl on August 31, 2006 05:33 AM
Love it. Those flat stones - where do you get something like that? Pretty spendy? I bought some flagstone once for a small path and it was $300 for just a few pieces!

PattyM
by penny in ontario on August 31, 2006 05:51 AM
Looks great!!!!

-
 -

-
by plantqueen on August 31, 2006 08:00 AM
Very nice!

-
 -

-

All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.
by dodge on August 31, 2006 10:12 AM
Wow

bet you can get a job anywhere if your that good.

Beautiful...

dodge [muggs]

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by patches1414 on August 31, 2006 10:30 PM
Flycats, your yard looks great and I love the flagstone path [Love] in picture 4, but I would really like to know what kind of edging [dunno] you have to the right of the flowers and next to the grass in that picture! Geesh, if you lived closer you could come over and work on my yard anytime! [Wink] [Big Grin]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by weezie13 on September 01, 2006 08:21 AM
Patti,
I have her booked first... [thumb] [Wink] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [grin] [flower] [flower]

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by loz on September 01, 2006 09:23 AM
Looks very nice, and I totally adore Portulacas!
by patches1414 on September 01, 2006 10:21 PM
quote:
Patti, I have her booked first...
Oh darn! [Frown] Well, Weezie, do you think I could be second in line! [dunno] However, since she's coming from California, it might be easier for her to stop by my place first on the way to New York! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] I need all the help I can get! [Eek!]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by melcon6 on September 02, 2006 12:38 AM
Very nice, Flycats! [thumb]

I love circles in the garden! [flower]

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!
by flycats on September 02, 2006 07:38 AM
THANK you everyone! It took me 4 months and I threw my back out at one point. I actually copied the idea from an article in BHG magazine from 1999! I had ripped out the article and shoved it in a drawer. The article was on a house in Carmel. Their wall was the same but maybe a little shorter, along with the spitting frog! So I'm just a big copycat! ha ha

The flagstone I got at a building supply yard. They had a crap-load of it. It was on sale for only $175 a ton (some goes for upwards of $400 a ton), I think I got about 12 tons (8 pallets!!) I only used about 9 or 10 tons cuz I was going to build TWO walls but ran out of steam so I gave the rest to a friend! Anyway, it was a good deal.

Weezie, the green pots are on two platforms that stick out of the sides of the metal arbor. I suppose they could be used to sit on but i think they were meant to be used to hold pots. There is also a little gate that opens up, I have wired it open in the pic.
Patches, the edging is a poured concrete mowstrip with color added and a salt finish. It was kinda spendy but I'm really glad I did it because It ties into the circle theme and really outlines the circle lawn.

The cat's asleep, I whisper "kitten", until he stirs a little and begins to purr.
by dodge on September 02, 2006 07:50 AM
Beautiful

dodge

-
 -
by patches1414 on September 02, 2006 12:43 PM
Thanks flycats! [kissies] It mowstrip looks really beautiful in your yard, but the part I find unattractive is the word "spendy"! [Eek!] [Big Grin] I've just about exhausted my gardening budget for the year [Frown] and I still have to get some winter maintenance stuff for my yard before winter. [Wink]

-
 -
by flycats on September 06, 2006 02:02 AM
Patches! SO TRUE! Spendy for sure is a bad word! You could maybe sink some bricks or pavers in the ground to make a now strip. I've seen it done quite nicely! Dont' know how it would work good on a sharp curve. GOOD luck!

by dodge on September 06, 2006 02:10 AM
flycats & patches........

I keep my garden budget smaller, cause I have friends on garden helper.......

Thanks.............You great Providers.

What comes around goes around.
Curves too!!!!!!!!;o)

dodge
[thinker] [scaredy] [shocked]

-
 -
by patches1414 on September 06, 2006 03:10 PM
quote:
maybe sink some bricks or pavers in the ground to make a now strip. I've seen it done quite nicely! Dont' know how it would work good on a sharp curve.
Flycats, I really don't plan on having any sharp curves where I would use the mow strip so the bricks or pavers are both good options. [thumb] I just thought the mow strip had an interesting look. [thumb]

-
 -
by LandArt on October 22, 2006 04:46 AM
Hello - that's the problem we've had here at our house, figuring out how to get bricks or pavers to hug the curves we have in all our bed areas. If anyone has any suggestions, please share! I bought this house a year and a half ago, the "landscape" consisted of overgrown bed with no edge definition, and we've spend a good chunk of time and money already with cleaning it up. So, we didn't want to go to the expense of concrete for the edging but haven't figured out how to do it with the pavers . . .
by sibyl on October 24, 2006 12:54 AM
how beauitful!

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: update on my aquarium| Next thread: update pics »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: