The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

JASMINE PLANT

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Jasmine help!| Next thread: Jasmine Plant & white fly!! »
Back to Thread index
by vicky on July 17, 2005 11:42 PM
I bought a jasmine plant (didn't say which type!) about a month ago and it doesn't look very healthy. It was in the outdoor plant department and I have it in a large tub in the garden where it is in the sun from about 10.30 am - 4.00 pm. I live in the Canary Islands and at the moment, it's about 30 - 35ÂșC. Do Jasmine plants like the sun? It's leaves seem to be curling a bit and it looks "dehydrated" but I water it about every 2-3 days because it looks parched. Any ideas?
by Jiffymouse on July 31, 2005 10:41 AM
vicky, most jasmines like the sun, so, i'd check the roots. if it has root rot, then it will look parched, but watering it will only make it worse. to check the roots, pull on the main stem to see if it comes up. if it does, check the roots, they should be about the color and texture of a potato or spaghetti. if it is black and mushy, you have root rot.

the good news is that jasmine roots pretty well, if you just place a piece of the vine in the soil, it should root up nicely.
by atreus on August 05, 2005 06:44 AM
Also make sure that there are no root born parasites like vine weevil, these will definately kill a potted plant in no time at all.

http://www.atreusonline2.com/garden.php

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Jasmine help!| Next thread: Jasmine Plant & white fly!! »
Back to Thread index