The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

mixing daylily colors

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by love2garden on July 13, 2005 06:44 AM
I have recently purchased several different colored daylilies. I was getting ready to plant them when my neighbor told me that he had read in a magazine that you shouldn't plant different colors together. He said that one color would take over and they would all eventually be one color. I am kind of new at daylilies so I thought I would ask some professionals [flower]
by gardengal on July 14, 2005 03:48 AM
I've never heard that one before. I have a couple of different varieties of daylillies in pots, haven't planted them yet since we just moved. My dad has many types around his house and grove. I don't think he's experienced that... I'll ask and get back to you. Maybe someone else knows....

-
 -
Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
by Gardencrazy on July 14, 2005 04:10 AM
Howdy! love2garden [wayey] Welcome to the forum!

I have several daylilies and about the only ones I have trouble with are the hemerocallis fulva (wild/tawny/railroad daylily). They will crowd out any varieties that are planted close to them. All of my others seem to be rather well behaved next to each other.

Donna [flower]

-
 -
 - my webshots ~ my photobucket
by love2garden on July 14, 2005 07:57 AM
Thanks so much for the help. [wayey] I am ready to do some major planting. I think all of the colors will turn out beautiful! [kitty]

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: