The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

succulents have changed colours

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Succulentia| Next thread: Succulents in the Window »
Back to Thread index
by hinda on July 13, 2005 01:27 AM
acouple of months a go i got cutting of a succulent (i wish a i had a camera!@#$%^)it looks like a finger and has very small and not so sharp thorns. i pooted two fingers in the house and they hava stayed green and grown at least two inches. the ones outside havbe turned purple and dont fel as solid as a succulent (at least that is what i think). i water the ones outside for real once a week and mist them every other dya - it is very hot here! i even took them out so i could throw them out tbut i found several green shoots below the ground. so i replantted them. that was a couple of weeks ago and i am yet to see any of theose geen shoots breaking the ground. and the fingers still look so purple. what can i do to help them grow better??
by plants 'n pots on July 13, 2005 02:07 AM
In my experience, succulents will turn red and/or purple when growing in outdoor full sun. I haven't had any problems with them changing like that, and when I bring them indoors for the winter they generally lose that darker color.

You might want to put them in some shade if you have any. That will keep the color more green.

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Succulentia| Next thread: Succulents in the Window »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: