The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Garden record keeping

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by slredmond on February 22, 2006 03:50 AM
I stumbled across some neat templates today, of all places, on the Microsoft website. There are templates for a garden budget, a garden journal and a garden almanac. You can download these MS Word or Excel templates to keep track of your gardening adventures. Of course, I'm not sure I really want to see in writing what I really spend on my garden!

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx

Go to Templates > Home and Community > Crafts, Hobbies, and Collections

Sandy R.
by tkhooper on February 22, 2006 05:56 AM
You know I commented last year about how much it was going to cost me to do the garden the way I wanted. And with the help of the members on this forum we got the cost down from over 400.00 dollars to nothing. It was amazing. Now I am a dedicated composter and recycler. It makes all the difference. My compost bin, potting table, pots, starter pots, brick edging, bentwood edging and compost are all free. And because of the generousity of the members I have a huge selection of seeds to plant in the garden. And I have even been able to help other beginner gardeners get their supply of seeds started. I can't say enough nice things about this website and the people on it.

-
 -
by tamara on February 22, 2006 09:31 AM
Neat idea, would be better than my beat up old binder that needs to be redone. That's a summer project for me. Thanks for the reminder. That's something for me to restart soon.

This year I will definately be trading seeds also.

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
Thinking Spring, Thinking Spring...Nope, doesn't work.lol
by slredmond on February 22, 2006 11:02 PM
Absolutely true - this is one of the nicest bunch of folks you can run across! I like your suggestions for keeping costs under control. I frequently stalk the "crash and dent" cart of discount plants at my local stores. Usually nothing that a little TLC can't restore. This spring I will try my luck and starting lots of seed that I collected from my own plants, plus unusual seeds bought for a bargain on eBay.

Sandy R.
by Amigatec on February 23, 2006 09:57 AM
Since I don't use MS Office (I am Microsoft Free) I downloaded the templates and got them working with OpenOffice. It looks like something I can use.

-
 -
One OS to rule them, one OS to find them:
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Redmond where the shadows lie.
by patches1414 on March 20, 2006 04:45 PM
These templates look like something I could use and just in time for spring! [thumb] Of course, maybe I won't be so happy with the Garden Budget one by the time fall gets here! [tears] [tears]

Thanks for sharing! [thumb]

patches [kitty]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by slredmond on March 20, 2006 11:12 PM
You're welcome - but what's a garden budget? I don't want a budget!! [Razz] If it's green and it's growing, I want it!!! And then, there's all the statuary and pavers and arbors and bird houses and lighting and, and, and..... [shocked]

Sandy R.
by tkhooper on March 20, 2006 11:55 PM
lol@Sandy

I so understand where you are comming from.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: