The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Just want to show off my backyard.........

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by luckygardnr on February 07, 2006 02:48 AM
I love being out here during the summer. I only go in when it's dark and skitters are biting.
 -
 -
Laurel
by MissJamie on February 07, 2006 03:12 AM
OMG THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!! you have a VERY nice looking back yard! I know it took a long time to get to that! and you have very pretty green grass too! no weeds!! I don't think I've ever seen grass so green before! and cute doggy [Smile]

-
 -
*~*Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.
*~* http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2125497034
by MissJamie on February 07, 2006 03:13 AM
oh and welcome to the site! stick around with us! this is a FANTASTIC place to make friends! and everybody is soooo friendly [Smile]

-
 -
*~*Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.
*~* http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2125497034
by tkhooper on February 07, 2006 04:20 AM
Welcome that is a lovely garden. What all do you have planted?

-
 -
by weezie13 on February 07, 2006 04:26 AM
quote:
Originally posted by luckygardnr:
I only go in when it's dark and skitters are biting.
Laurel

That's so funny!!! And so true..
What a lovely garden you have..

And yes, what Tammy said, what kinds of flowers are you growing???

And where did you get that really neat looking "head" statue??? [thumb]

And exactly what Jamie said, Welcome Aboard!!!
We're very glad you found us...

We have several members in your area...
So, jump right on in and have some fun...

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Oui on February 07, 2006 11:23 PM
Lovely Garden, and Perfect Dream Lawn...My yard is SO big it would cost me a fortune to make my grass look like that..<<sigh>> <<pout>>

I like the concrete rail <is it concrete??> That surrounds the landscaped areas..
by luckygardnr on February 10, 2006 12:34 AM
Thanks everyone, for the welcome and the compliments. To be honest, I have a lawn service come in every summer to weed and feed, and spray for bugs. It's a bit expensive, but as you said, it's a beautiful lawn. The roots go very deep, so I never, ever have to water it.

As for plants, I have several different ornamental grasses. They're stunning and give winter interest too. Lots of spireas, weigelas, burning bushes. I have a couple of raised beds that contain vegies and a couple more with cosmos and sundrops.

The mulched area you see in the picture was really done out of self preservation. Really! I had all these nice shrubs planted, but hubby cannot be trusted with the weedwhacker! LOL! So I had to trim around the bottoms of the shrubs by hand. Plus the seeds from my bird feeders was making the ground soft and weedy. So we dug out all the grass and mulched it. What a difference! There's hardly any weeds, and the ones that do appear are easy to pull out. Every year we add another 2 yards of mulch, usually a different colour than the year before, so it's never boring. So far we've had black, brown, natural and now red.

The cement head can be bought at any garden center or an ornamental cement place.

Laurel
by luckygardnr on February 10, 2006 12:39 AM
Oh, and the 'concrete rail' is just long bricks, the kind you use for patios and driveways. After I cut out the grass, I laid landscape fabric around the outside before I laid the bricks. That way the grass doesn't grow into the garden.

Laurel
by flycats on February 18, 2006 02:49 AM
I just saw similar Head statues at Target. They have tiki type ones and Easter Island type ones!

The cat's asleep, I whisper "kitten", until he stirs a little and begins to purr.
by flycats on February 18, 2006 02:50 AM
BTW, great garden! how pretty! I love the brick edging too

The cat's asleep, I whisper "kitten", until he stirs a little and begins to purr.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: