The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Purple Clovers, Anyone?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: purple christmas cactus| Next thread: Purple cone flower »
Back to Thread index
by OhMrWilson13 on August 04, 2004 02:15 AM
Has anyone here ever seen purple clovers? Apparently my friend brought back a few of them from a meadow in Taiwan. I don't know if they're common or rare, or much of their characteristics. I've planted a few in a pot a while ago and they're doing quite well. They're about 6 or 7 times larger than the regular green clovers with small white flowers I see often here in the U.S. The leaves are entirely purple, with a light purple/pink heart shape towards the middle. The stem is a light green. The clovers also produce numerous small, pink/purple flowers that do not look anything like the flowers of normal clovers. They grow perhaps 6 inches tall, quite thick in distribution, and are very ornamental [grin]

I looked online a bit but couldn't find or identify the clovers. If you have any information on this species, please let me know...thanks!

I'll probably add some pics soon, to help.

~Wilson
by weezie13 on August 04, 2004 08:28 PM
OhMrWilson we gotta have pictures!!! [critic]
Sounds very pretty!!! [thumb] [flower] [thumb] [flower]

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by suzydaze on August 05, 2004 02:00 AM
there are some growing down the road from me. They look pretty good. Like you say just bigger. They also have cremson clover on the sides of the road on my road. it's a pretty clover too.

-
 -
I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
by gardenmom32210 on August 05, 2004 04:43 AM
Is this it?

purple oxalis

Karen [grin]
by OhMrWilson13 on August 05, 2004 05:56 AM
I resposted in the Mystery Plants area, and again, Karen, you are correct, thanks for your help! Below I have attached some pictures, and they are actually more than 6 inches tall....perhaps 8-10 inches, at my last estimate.

-

-
by Carly on August 05, 2004 06:51 AM
OOoooooooooohhhhhhh!

I love it! Of course, that's understandable cause I just love clover.

Thanks for putting this up here.

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
by Sami on August 06, 2004 03:08 AM
Wow! That's beautiful!

-
Talentless but connected.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: purple christmas cactus| Next thread: Purple cone flower »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: