The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

french marigold seed or fluff

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by kennyso on August 01, 2006 02:52 AM
Sorry for asking again, but the flowerin my previous post turns out to be a french marigold. I found a picture of the seed, but it wasn't large enough to see (my eyes are bad, I lost my glasses just now, just shows how bad my memory is too!) Can anyone tell me if this is indeed the seed, or just fluff?
 -

-
 -

Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the earth
My Website My Blog
by netwiz on August 01, 2006 03:33 AM
If you go to the seed site and look at the first flower pictured, it shows the seeds for an african marigold. The seeds look identical to your black and white spikes you have.

Joanne
by tkhooper on August 01, 2006 04:08 AM
You have the seed Kenny. Good job. Are any of your marigolds the creamy white ones? I'm looking for some of those.

-
 -
by kennyso on August 01, 2006 05:42 AM
Thanks for your help Joanne and tk! Unfortunately, I haven't seen any cream coloured marigolds, I'm going for daily walks now around the block and making note of what flowers/trees there are that I want. I've going to see if I can get seeds from those (I'll ask first, of course; besides, they are more than heppy to let me take them, I just give them a few seedlings in the spring!). I'm going to keep an eye out from cream coloured marigolds!

-
 -

Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the earth
My Website My Blog
by tkhooper on August 01, 2006 06:30 AM
Thanks Kenny

-
 -
by dodge on August 15, 2006 12:58 PM
tkhooper

I have creamy white marigold seeds..If you want some.......

Ken I think all marigold seeds look the same.. I have several types and they are the same type of seed.

;o)

dodge [flower] [flower] [flower]

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: