The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Plants that eat spiders?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by chermoni on October 02, 2006 10:31 AM
I don't have any experience growing carnivorous plants and I was wondering if there is a good plant that spiders can get trapped into. We seem to have a bit of a spider problem in our house, mainly what we're worried about is hobo spiders. My boyfriend just got bit for the 2nd time this year. [tears]

-
 -

Cheryl's Photobucket
My journal

Yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.
by SpringFever on October 03, 2006 01:38 AM
Ohhh I wish I knew!! I was bitten once And It Stunk!! Good luck with your search I hope you find something!!

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by kennyso on October 03, 2006 07:23 AM
Would a pitcher plant work?

-
 -

Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the earth
My Website My Blog
by kennyso on October 03, 2006 07:23 AM
Actually no...dunt they only attract bugs with their nectar?

-
 -

Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the earth
My Website My Blog
by rubberbandman on October 03, 2006 10:09 AM
where I live we have to worry about brown recluse spiders.

P.S. What part of Seattle are you from? My family and me are moving to Renton WA just outside Seattle.

-
people tell me I have the body of a god... too bad its buddah.
by chermoni on October 03, 2006 12:11 PM
I'm actually in the city in a neighborhood called Ballard.

-
 -

Cheryl's Photobucket
My journal

Yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.
by Patty S on October 03, 2006 04:40 PM
Gosh, I feel for you Chermoni, but I can't help you much in the spider-trapping plant department. [dunno] There was a "Spider" topic here earlier this year, that you might want to take a look at. (Sorry, but no plants were mentioned that trap spiders... only the ones that attract them!) [Eek!]
I HATE spiders & creepy-crawlys!

What The Plant Doc said there, about putting deodorant on spider bites, was interesting (although I'm almost sure that he meant antiperspirant). I think that's a handy thing to know... & so is the moth ball thing, but I don't know if I could stand the house smelling like that!

- Hey... just wanted to mention that I went to Ballard High!
I was going to mention a few more things about that, but my few things got pretty wordy [shocked] so I deleted them! I think we could get carried away & totally hijack Chermoni's spider topic if we're not careful (& she'll never find out if there is a plant like the one she's looking for)... so I started a topic in Banter Hall ~> Moving to the Seattle area. See you there? [grin]

Getting back on track now... I do hope someone will come along here & offer more help with your spider problem than I have!

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: