The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Woodchuks

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Woodbine Honeysuckle| Next thread: Woodpeckers? »
Back to Thread index
by Winston on July 11, 2006 05:12 AM
Someone(s) have been feasting on my garden and I believe it is a woodchuck. I have not seen any IN the garden, but i have seen them around the yard. There is water and woods behind our house and everything that comes with those too.

I was trying to come up with a safe and humane way to keep the woodchucks and others away from our garden.

Is there a particular flower (scent) or other trick that has worked for others in this predicament?

Thank you for your help!

Compost... Beautiful Compost
by pagarden on July 11, 2006 04:12 PM
don't know about a scent to keep them away. the neighbor behind us has them under her shed (which is closer to our house than hers actually) and last year we put out a live trap by her shed and other areas around the back end of her yard (the part that is closest to ours) and over the whole summer we caught about 10 of them. hubby drove them across town (which is actually across a few rivers) and let them go. that's the only thing we do. we've seen one a few houses down but if he's happy there and doesn't venture over our way i'm not going to worry.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Woodbine Honeysuckle| Next thread: Woodpeckers? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: