The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bleeding Heart..PLEASE READ NOW!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Bleeding Heart| Next thread: Bleeding Heart Bushes-out of control »
Back to Thread index
by Cindy from NH on June 09, 2005 08:21 PM
I need quick help. My bleeding heart is too big and heavy so, with the help of heavy rain, it is now on the ground and has a few broken stems. I would like to move it too another location but it is hotter midday than the spot it is in now. Is it a bad time to transplant it?
I want to move it because I want to rearrange the foundation plantings in front of my home.
Thanks for your quick advice!
by Cindy from NH on June 09, 2005 09:05 PM
Sorry about the 3 posts but it wouldn't send the first few attempts! Guess it did...LOL
by weezie13 on June 09, 2005 10:52 PM
Not a problem, Cindy from NH!!!
We've got a glitch or two, but we'll
be getting rid of them soon...

One of us will come along and close them
and then delete them...

Where you want to move it,
is the hole all ready, and moistened deep?
And ammended or whatever you would do
to your soil before transplanting??

Sometimes, what I do, before a move,
I make sure I have the hole dug and stuff..
and I also give the plant a good watering several days before, that gives the plant a chance to be well hydrated before the move...
and I give it a quick foliar feed of, well, my personal favorite is Schlutz Plus 10~60~10, mix according to directions, and spray on the leaves,
maybe pour some on the roots ***Only on wet dirt/soil, never dry***
Then do the transferring, preferrable on a cool rainy over cast day, is the best.. if none of those are available, then early morning hours, long before the sun comes up..
Give it a good watering and soaking so all the air and holes are out of the dirt/soil...
Maybe even with another short blast of that same fertilizer for the shock...

And if the plant ends up in the sun.... I put
a portable umbrella or something in front of it
to shade it... it's been unbareabley hot here..

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Carly on June 10, 2005 03:55 PM
'Zactly what I've been doing - an umbrella. Well, I picked a shady spot for mine and it seems ok now.

I'm new to raising bleeding heart myself. My blooms have finished - if I was going to move the stuff, and I hope I don't have to at any time, I'd just make sure it's in a shady spot and keep it moist.

I look forward to its growth and making new plants from the three stalks I put in about 4 weeks ago.

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
by Cindy from NH on June 10, 2005 04:16 PM
Question for you wheezie and Carla...
What should I do about the part of the stalk that has mostly broken off from the base? It resembles Rhubarb..it's so big. Should I wait to move it until after the hearts have all gone or can I move it now?

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Bleeding Heart| Next thread: Bleeding Heart Bushes-out of control »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: