The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

top heavy cacti

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Too Soon To Trim Climbing Roses?| Next thread: Top Secret Recipes »
Back to Thread index
by hcraig970 on August 25, 2006 12:53 PM
I have had this little cacti for 6 years or so and I am not sure what to do with it at this point. It is getting really tall and top heavy. Its doesn't seem to be able to hold itself up. Any suggestions?
 -
 -

Heather
by margaret e. pell on August 25, 2006 01:06 PM
It has wanted more direct sun for a long time. I'm not sure what to do now. How much sun can you possibly move it to?

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by hcraig970 on August 25, 2006 02:16 PM
I can get it in a window that gets direct eastern sun for a good few hours in the am. My other options gets bright sun most of the day. Do you think I should prop each "arm" up a support?

Heather
by margaret e. pell on August 26, 2006 10:07 AM
Opt for the most sun you can give it, and aclimate it over a week or two to prevent sunburn. It doesn't look like it's falling over but you're in a better position to judge it's support needs. Do you know what kind of cactus it is?

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by hcraig970 on August 26, 2006 04:38 PM
I dont' know what it is, my boyfrined got it about 6 years ago. I am moving it to the sunny window, in the same room it was in but closer to the window. I propped up the arms and hopefully it will go okay. Thanks for your advice. I know its kind of a weird one.

Heather
by Tonya on September 10, 2006 11:27 AM
It looks like prickly pear from the base. The narrow "arms" are searching for sun, like margaret said.

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Too Soon To Trim Climbing Roses?| Next thread: Top Secret Recipes »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: