The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

unidentified Succulent

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by tkhooper on July 18, 2006 03:11 AM
Please help me name this plant. I've had it about 2 years now and I love it. It follows the sun really quickly. It drops it's leaves if it is unhappy. Usually having to do with moving. It puts out hairy white roots in the summer even though it's inside. And now it is putting out a bunch of buds. None have bloomed though.

-

-

I appreciate the help.

-
 -
by tkhooper on July 18, 2006 10:41 AM
up

-
 -
by RugbyHukr on July 18, 2006 02:56 PM
Crassula coccinea

maybe

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
by Jiffymouse on July 18, 2006 02:57 PM
i don't know, but it is cool looking!
by tkhooper on July 19, 2006 12:39 AM
I sure wish it were the Crassula coccinea. That is one gorgeous plant. But no, this one crawls along the ground most of the time. Although it will occassionally rear up to get more sun if it feels it is being short changed lol. Some times I have a hard time remembering it is a plant rather than a catepillar because it responds to changes in its environment quickly for a plant. New growth is so light a green as to appear cream colored. The tips will get dark pink sometimes. I'm not sure what causes it to do that yet. but I know that it does do it from time to time. Usually on older foliage. And this is the first time I've had buds so I can't tell you anything about the flower yet.

-
 -
by afgreyparrot on July 21, 2006 02:01 AM
up

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: