The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Azaleas-indoors

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Azaleas and Impatiens| Next thread: Azealea »
Back to Thread index
by lilitu on July 11, 2004 06:16 PM
I have a small azalea...bush? plant? that I have been keeping indoors. It started out beautifully-bushy pink blooms, full green foliage. And it was doing well until about 2 weeks ago- the flowers started turning brown and crispy- almost like tissue paper-and the buds began to grow in this way also. Yesterday the leaves started completely shrivelling and dying. I don't want it to die! (except for the new growth...but I'd rather save the plant before that also becomes shrivelly and falls off) [tears] I want it to grow big and strong! So I think I need some help from someone who knows what they are doing [Smile]
by Newt on July 11, 2004 11:25 PM
Hi Lilitu,
It sounds as if it's done blooming. The leaves shouldn't be drying out though. I'm not sure of your level of expertise, but have you looked to see if it's rootbound. Did you let the soil get very dry?

Newt

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.
by lilitu on July 12, 2004 06:26 PM
No, I haven't yet checked to see if it's root bound- mostly becuz the thought hadn't occurred to me [Smile] The soil got very dry once, so I took the whole thing out of it's pot and gave it a little dunk until it was soaked again. After that I had no problems. Thanks for your help

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Azaleas and Impatiens| Next thread: Azealea »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: