The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Kalanchoe Calandiva babies

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by tkhooper on April 28, 2006 07:05 AM
I was repoting my Kalanchoe Clandiva and noticed that on the notch of one of the flower stocks it had developed leaves and what look like airroots. Can I cut off this "baby plant" and put it in soil. Will it become a regular plant? I'm so excited by the prospect.

-
 -
by NewtothePot on April 28, 2006 09:32 AM
I also have the same type of situation. I have Kalanchoe Blossfeldiana (not sure how close the group is, but...), with three plants in a pot. One of the plants looks like it has died off, the leaves are all shriveled, turning brown (been like this for months) and is sprouting roots at the joints. I broke off one of these and put it in water, and now it is growing new roots and is de-shriveling and starting to grow! it amazed me, but, yeah. not sure if this helps, but if anyone could clue me in on why it does this, thanks.
by Jiffymouse on April 28, 2006 02:08 PM
you can grow kalanchoes from cuttings, leaves, or stems. and where you see air roots, it is always a good bet!
by joclyn on April 28, 2006 03:59 PM
yup, that will root just fine!!

i had a kalanchoe and ended up splitting it into 6 plants - just from taking a variety of stems and leaves and rooting them! actually, when i took off a piece from the main plant, it ended up growing more profusely afterwards.
by tkhooper on April 29, 2006 01:49 AM
That is so cool. I'll do some planting today then. The leaves just do not do well for me as cuttings.

-
 -
by JV on April 30, 2006 02:10 PM
Here is the Kaloncho Diane gave me has very small blooms hope you can see them ok.
 -

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by tkhooper on May 01, 2006 01:16 AM
That's a great color JV. Nice plant.

-
 -
by JV on May 01, 2006 04:11 AM
Thanks Tammy this is first one I have had Diane/angelblossom gave it to me.
Jimmy

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by angelblossom on May 01, 2006 06:40 AM
Jimmy! Allll-right My friend!!!! [thumb] [thumb] [flower]
Soo good to see it's blooming already!!

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -

Active Garden Forum