The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

I couldn't help myself

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by tkhooper on February 25, 2006 04:21 AM
I know I've said many times that I'm not buying any more house plants but I couldn't resist. The Kalanchoe Calandiva (I hope I have that right) was only 50 cents at wallyworld and it was in great condition. Who could pass that up? Especially when I've wanted one since Franny got one from her tire place. At least I think that's the first time I heard about them. It isn't a real big one but that's ok. I look forward to repotting it next month after it's had a chance to get over it's moving shock. I wish the community camera worked but it won't down load the pictures anymore. It says there aren't any pictures in the camera. I've tried everything I can think of to fix it but I'm no expert. So no pictures. Thanks for letting me share.

-
 -
by jonni13 on February 25, 2006 05:59 AM
Congrats on your new baby, TK.

~Tina
 -
 -
 -
Getting old is the pits. But it sure beats the alternative. My Blog
by MissJamie on February 25, 2006 06:07 AM
wow tammy! I just did a search for that and it is VERY pretty! was it blooming when you got it? it said that it is propagated by leaf cuttings so when it gets bigger do you think I could get a leaf? I'm sure I'd have something that might interest you :)congrats on the great buy!

-
 -
*~*Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.
*~* http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2125497034
by tkhooper on February 25, 2006 07:54 AM
Sure next month I'm going to repot so after it gets over that I'll get a leaf cutting for you. It has some good leaves on it so it should work. I've never done a leaf cutting have you? It isn't big time blooming but it has a few and a bunch of buds. Maybe with a better pot and soil it will fill out.

-
 -
by weezie13 on February 25, 2006 10:44 PM
Tammy, how do you download the pictures from the camera??
Is there a card you take out and slide into the computer??
Just curious??

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by tkhooper on February 27, 2006 11:16 PM
Hi Weezie,

No you just attach the cable to the port in the back of the computer and then to the camera. It worked before but now it has stopped. It's probably "operators headspace syndrome". It happens to me alot.

While I'm on this string I have a questions. The Kalanchoe Calandiva has two different shaped leaves. The small ones are smooth edged but the big ones have scalloped edges. Which one would I use for the cuttings? This is probably one of my "dim bulb" questions but I need to ask.

-
 -
by comfrey on February 28, 2006 10:12 AM
Tammy have you checked the batteries (In the camera), if they are low or dead then you can't download the pictures to your pc.

-
 -
by jonni13 on February 28, 2006 10:47 AM
Tammy, use the mature leaves for leaf cuttings.

~Tina
 -
 -
 -
Getting old is the pits. But it sure beats the alternative. My Blog
by tkhooper on February 28, 2006 12:58 PM
I just replaced the batteries so they should be good, but I might try changing them again to see if that's it. Thank you for the info on the camera comfrey.

jonni thankyou for the information on the leaves. I don't want to send the wrong thing to miss jamie.

-
 -
by tkhooper on March 06, 2006 09:59 PM
It's in full bloom!!! I'm excited. Of course this raises a question. After they bloom what do I do with the flower stocks? Should I cut them down or leave them alone. The other questions is that since it has bloomed would it be alright to take the leaf cutting for Miss Jamie now? It's such a great plant! Now I know I just have to get the other colors.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: