The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

tree

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: treatd soil| Next thread: tree: alive or dead? »
Back to Thread index
by Kratz7 on August 18, 2006 02:10 AM
Hi all,

Does anyone live in New Jersey and have any knowledge of a type of tree that has a green leaf on top and when you turn it over it is fuzzy white like a lambs ear.....on the underside. I saw a few this week when we were there, but I have no clue what type of tree this would be.... any clues would be appreciated as I would love to have this type of tree in my yard

check ou my photos on photobucket if you would like there are many types....including photos from our mini-trip.....photobucket.com Charlie7_01.....

Kratz7

-

Kratz7 Photos
by Budman on August 18, 2006 05:22 AM
Hi Charlie,

Without more info or a picture, it is difficult to say. If the trees were pretty large and had an interesting bark texture, it could be a Sycamore tree. We use their leaves as toilet paper when camping here in Va. as they are big and fuzzy soft underneath, [Big Grin]
by Kratz7 on August 18, 2006 09:41 AM
Hi Budman,
the leaves were somewhat small , maybe an inch or two at the widest point.... it was very pretty...I didnt happen to take note of the tree bark....bummer

Thanks for the information .....I have lotsa photos on photobucket.commany things if youwould like to look....almot all are of flowers, trees and things of interest....lol
ty an tc

Kratz7..Charlie

-

Kratz7 Photos
by Budman on August 23, 2006 05:27 AM
Hi Charlie,

From your description of the leaf size, the tree is definitely not a Sycamore. Not really sure what it could be, but a picture would get someone here to get you in the right direction. I checked out your pictures and you have a very nice place!! I thought your pond was very beautiful and the garden was very nice as well. I have a new place and I am just getting started on the landscaping and gardening. It shows me how far I have to go.
[Roll Eyes] Take care, Budman-
by RugbyHukr on August 25, 2006 04:29 PM
check into viburnums

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: treatd soil| Next thread: tree: alive or dead? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: