The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Maples are "Wilting"

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Maple tree?| Next thread: Margarita Presidente Like "Chili's" »
Back to Thread index
by tcmers on June 14, 2006 03:49 PM
We bought our house last may. There are two young maples that seemed to be ill last year. We found something on the web that said just to keep the leaves cleaned up and they would often come back fine with no issues....But they are doing the same thing this year. The leaves budded and looked ok for awhile but now the whole tree looks malnurished....Both of the trees look wilted. Anyone have any ideas what to look up so I can figure out what's wrong with them and how to treat them? I'm really hoping we don't have to take them out. We have other maples as well and I also don't want this to spread if it's a disease of some sort. Thank you for any help!
by joclyn on June 14, 2006 05:50 PM
there is a blight that attacks maple trees - most of the maples on the street that i grew up on got it and, one by one, they had to be taken down.

i was too young at the time to remember what the leaves looked like...i just remember seeing our tree when it was taken down...the whole inside of the trunk was hollowed out from the disease.

how about taking some of the leaves, or even a small branch, to your local county extension office? they'd be able to identify the problem as well as offer a solution to treating the problem (if there is one).

i hope it works out for you!!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Maple tree?| Next thread: Margarita Presidente Like "Chili's" »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: