The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Japanese Quince standard

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Japanese peony| Next thread: japanese red maple and weeping maple »
Back to Thread index
by ammarson on August 08, 2006 09:19 AM
This morning I watered my plants as I usually do every 2nd morning and to my surprise my Japanese Quince standard has alot of brown leaves. It has been 32 degrees celsius or 90 degrees fahrenheit for the last 3 days and last thursday we had torrential rain. I am in a zone 5b and the tree was planted in late June. I have another one, however, this one is a shrub, planted 3 years ago and it's growing like crazy. Please help, what should I do? Thanks

always in search of a champagne colored Hibiscus.
by slredmond on August 12, 2006 05:13 AM
Just a thought, that it could actually be overwatering? We have 10 cherry trees - 8 Bing and 2 Tartarian, planted in two parallel rows. One of the Bings started looking poorly this spring, looking rather wilted with some leaves browning, so I was extra diligent with watering. It ended up dead. The nursery said it was most likely due to root rot caused by overwatering. He explained the clay soil could have caused poor drainage in that one spot - even though the trees are all together, and that the overwatering will cause the same "look" as not enough water.

Sandy R.
by dodge on August 12, 2006 07:33 AM
32 degrees????/

It probably froze..........
Let me see your quince tree.......I think I have on e..It bloomed a beautiful red this spring.

dodge [thinker]

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by ammarson on August 13, 2006 03:08 PM
Oh no, it was a heat wave, 32 degrees celsius = 90 degrees fahrenheit.

always in search of a champagne colored Hibiscus.
by dodge on August 13, 2006 03:36 PM
ammarson........

90 degrees would kill me too..

sorry I dont do celsius........I"m lazy.

dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Japanese peony| Next thread: japanese red maple and weeping maple »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: