The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

snowball bush blooms

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Snow Scenes| Next thread: Snowball Bush varieties »
Back to Thread index
by eClaire on May 07, 2006 01:07 PM
Hello

I have a good sized snowball bush that just finished blooming, I was wondering if it will repeat bloom or that's it for the season.

The blooms are so pretty - I hope the new growth produces more blooms!

Thanks!

Claire
by eClaire on May 09, 2006 04:23 AM
no one knows i guess [Frown]

I tried looking online and all the sites said different bloom times, not sure who was right.

oh well!

Claire
by Frisha on May 09, 2006 04:24 AM
Most of the ones around here only do one blooming cycle a year but depends on the verity i guess.
by johnCT on May 09, 2006 06:10 AM
Do you mean a hydrangea? Most only bloom once in spring and you may get a few extra near the end of the summer. If you want season long blooms from a hydrangea, try the variety "endless summer". I have two and they live up to their name.

John - Zone 6
by melcon6 on May 09, 2006 01:22 PM
John, a snowball bush is a viburnum, and eclaire as far as I know mine just blooms once a year.

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!
by RugbyHukr on May 10, 2006 03:19 AM
that is the problem w/ common names. To some a snowball bush is a Viburnum macrocephalum. To others it is a Peegee hydrangea.

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Snow Scenes| Next thread: Snowball Bush varieties »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: