The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Creeping Charlie

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: creeping charlie| Next thread: Creeping Charlie »
Back to Thread index
by Jorgie on June 01, 2006 05:05 AM
Does anyone know how to get rid of creeping charlie?

Yuck
by weezie13 on June 01, 2006 06:32 AM
Introduce him to Creepin' Jenny [Wink] [Big Grin] !!!
Ohhhhhh, [Embarrassed] I jussssssssst couldn't [devil] resist that... [grin] [Embarrassed]

Where is it?
In your lawn?

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Squirrel on June 01, 2006 07:00 AM
That was a good one Weezie. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [thinker] I know nothing about Charlie, but have heard of Jenny. I`m sure Weezie can help. Sue

-
 -
What goes around comes around, so be nice!lol
by Jorgie on June 01, 2006 07:11 AM
Geez, Weezie.

Yes, it's in the lawn and moving into other stuff fast.
by weezie13 on June 01, 2006 08:59 AM
[Embarrassed] [Wink] [Big Grin] [thumb] [gabby]

Does it look like this one??? Creeping Charlie/Ground Ivy

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by The Plant Doc on June 01, 2006 01:56 PM
Creeping Charlie,Jenny, and ground ivy are all the same thing, it just depends on what part of the country you come from. When I first move out here to Cheeseland from NY, everyone was talking about creeping charile and I had no clue as to what it was.

It will die from Weed be Gone or any other 2 4 d product, but if you don't get it when it 1st comes out in the spring, you may want to wait until after a couple of frosts and then hit it.
The frost will weaken the plant and allow the herbicide to do its work.
Another good time to hit it is within a half hour before a big summer thunderstorm, after week or so of no rain. The plant will sense the incoming storm by the drop in air pressure and the leaves pores will open up to absorb the incoming rainfall. Timing is tricky, but you can take out some harder to kill weeds such as ground ivy and violets that way.

-
Mike Maier
aka
The Plant Doc
by joclyn on June 02, 2006 07:45 AM
man, i REALLY hate that stuff!!! it's SO hard to get rid of. if you can catch it early, you might be okay. gotta keep up on it tho, if you're pulling it up...

it just keeps coming back and coming back and coming back!!!

now, mike, that's a TERRIFIC suggestion!! and we're going to get a big storm tonight and it's been really hot/sunny for the past week...

if the storm doesn't come in before i get home from work, i'm going to try your suggestion!! (i have some weedbegone in the garage).

will this trick also work for the weeds that are growing in the crack in the cement along my driveway? what's there isn't the creeping charlie - it's just the usual, mundane variety of weeds that usually grow in spots like that...

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: creeping charlie| Next thread: Creeping Charlie »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: