The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bamboo

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Bambi| Next thread: Bamboo »
Back to Thread index
by pagarden on March 15, 2006 06:18 AM
does any one have any? anyone know where to order it from? a friend today asked if i knew anything about it and i told her all i know is that is grows very fast and can spread so you should contain it. i found out today from a gardening book that there is a clumping kind too which doesn't need to be contained- although if it were me i would "just in case..". anyhow- anyone have any ideas on how to get a hold of some???
by obywan59 on March 15, 2006 06:39 AM
Here is a link to a bamboo supplier. I've been dreaming of getting some bamboo for some time now. I really want some of that timber bamboo. It can get up to 6 or 7 inches wide and 70-90 feet tall!. I have visions of making my own fences using the large bamboo as the posts and a smaller diameter bamboo for in between.

http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomframe.jsp?query=hardy+bananas&page=1&offset=0&result_url=redir%3Fsrc%3Dwebsearch%26amp%3BrequestId%3D3209a15318f5d106%26amp%3BclickedItemRank%3D8% 26amp%3BuserQuery%3Dhardy%2Bbananas%26amp%3BclickedItemURN%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252

Feel free to clean that link up for me somebody. For some reason I can pull the URL into the message box like here, but not into the URL box where I could clean it up myself. I don't feel like typing all that mess.

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by obywan59 on March 15, 2006 06:40 AM
Pagarden, if you're interested in more links, I have other bamboo sites bookmarked also.

-
Terry

by pagarden on March 15, 2006 12:07 PM
yup- i'm interested. that link didn't work for me.
by obywan59 on March 15, 2006 01:07 PM
Okay, I tried it and it didn't work for me either. Let's try it a different way.
Bambu-u

And here's another one

Bamboo Garden

Here is a site that gives hardiness of various bamboos as well as as goupings of different sizes of bamboo and bamboo for specific growing situations. Also, care and feeding and control of the running types.

Hardy Tropicals

-
Terry

by pagarden on March 15, 2006 09:31 PM
thanks- i'll pass them along. [Smile] and the fence sounds wonderful!
by papito on March 16, 2006 01:33 AM
All about Bamboos

Bamboo Headquarters

-
 -

Amor est vitae essentia.
Love is the essence of life.
by pagarden on March 16, 2006 02:59 AM
thanks!
by Longy on March 16, 2006 04:43 AM
I have 7 bamboo plants, of 3 different varieties. The tallest has 4" thick canes and gets to about 80'tall. The smallest is in a pot and gets to 4' tall. All are the clumping type. Unless you have acres of land, I strongly suggest you Do not plant running bamboos, even if contained. They will escape and run and you will have a huge problem on your hands.

-
The secret is the soil.
by flycats on March 18, 2006 01:27 AM
Golden Goddess is a nice clumping bamboo

The cat's asleep, I whisper "kitten", until he stirs a little and begins to purr.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Bambi| Next thread: Bamboo »
Back to Thread index