The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

white perennial and Japanese Painted Fern

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by ladystressout on May 23, 2005 07:02 PM
Hello everyone! Does anyone have any Japanese Painted Fern that they will share with me?I have seeds to share or I will pay for some of them! question: What can I plant that loves shade gets some sun but not much and that is a perennial and bears white flowers?Thank U and have a good day! Bye Rita
by uki on May 23, 2005 07:32 PM
:Duh:hi,sorry i don't have the fern but i have lots of shade,some hostas have pretty white flowers,or hydrangia anabell grows got for me too,astilbe comes in white,tiarella(foamflower)is a little bit invasive but i love it. [flower]

-
Even winters coldest day can't keep the hope of spring away
by ladystressout on May 23, 2005 07:43 PM
Hey Uki I have to check out the hydrangia anabell? Do you know how tall it gets?I have hosta's but they bear purple flowers and since these are going to be planted in a new flower bed I think the white flower would let the hosta's stand out so good and they will come back each year?Thank you for all of the ideas! Rita
by uki on May 23, 2005 10:10 PM
[wayey] Hi Rita,Annabell is a shrub about 1.2m,the flowers start out white(snowball)then get greenish,I cut them of in late fall and spray them golden for christmasdecorations.The Hostas name is Royal Standard 60cm.They are both tough,in spring I bent down the green branches from Annabell and put a stone on it,next spring I cut it off and have a new little shrub to transplant.Bye [kitty]

-
Even winters coldest day can't keep the hope of spring away
by Katb on May 24, 2005 03:13 PM
White fernleaf bleeding heart is a great shade plant blooms from earley spring till frost & oldfashond bleeding heart comes in white it blooms for a few weeks. [kitty]
quote:
Originally posted by ladystressout:
Hello everyone! Does anyone have any Japanese Painted Fern that they will share with me?I have seeds to share or I will pay for some of them! question: What can I plant that loves shade gets some sun but not much and that is a perennial and bears white flowers?Thank U and have a good day! Bye Rita
by ladystressout on May 26, 2005 08:33 PM
The white bleeding heart sounds nice I tried to grow the pink kind last year but it die but they are pretty so I may get some of that?Many thanks for the ideas friends bye Rita
by tamara on May 27, 2005 02:40 AM
I have Jacob's ladder as a white perennial, I love it and it's for the shade.

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
Thinking Spring, Thinking Spring...Nope, doesn't work.lol
by Katb on May 27, 2005 03:34 AM
Remember it,s the fernleaf bleedingheart that blooms all spring summer & fall you,ll love it. [kitty]
quote:
Originally posted by ladystressout:
The white bleeding heart sounds nice I tried to grow the pink kind last year but it die but they are pretty so I may get some of that?Many thanks for the ideas friends bye Rita
by ladystressout on June 03, 2005 06:25 PM
Tamara got to tried and see a picture of the Jacob's ladder that sounds nice? Katb the fernleaf bleeding heart that I planted is looking much better and even has a new leaf unfolded so glad it took hold bye gardening buddies Rita
by tkhooper on June 03, 2005 06:48 PM
Rita I wanted to thank you for mentioning the Japanese Painted Fern. I looked it up and fell in love with the red variety.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: