The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

My wedding centerpieces

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: My Visitor| Next thread: My Wierd Geranium (pics attached) »
Back to Thread index
by jbernsdorf on June 01, 2006 04:15 PM
Hello everyone. Here is my first gardening delemna. I am looking for plants that have a very rustic, forest ground cover sort of appearance that grow well in small containers and that dont grow beyond 6 inches tall. Will something like Irish Moss work for this? I've read that it can grow well in pots, but another opinion or plant suggestion would be helpful. Thanks,
Jbernsdorf
by Tonya on June 01, 2006 04:18 PM
Welcome jbernsdorf! [wavey] Someone will be along shortly that can probably answer your question, but I have no idea! Good Luck! And congrats on the wedding to come!

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by patches1414 on June 01, 2006 05:43 PM
Hi Jbernsdorf! [wavey]

Welcome to the forum! Sorry, I can't answer your question [Frown] but I'm sure there is someone here who can! [Wink]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by weezie13 on June 02, 2006 12:48 AM
Jbernsdorf,
Just letting you know I'm going to move your
post into The Container Section...
You should get some answers in there...

Can I ask another question?

Are you looking to put these plants in a basket like to be carried for wedding or the center pieces like on the tables or something????

Do you have a color you'd like for basket or container???

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by joclyn on June 02, 2006 07:29 AM
heya! welcome to the forum and congrats on your impending wedding!

coupla questions:

are you looking for something for the centerpiece on the dinner tables?

do you want the guests to be able to bring them home with them? or will it be a one-time use kind of thing?

if they are for the guests to bring home, do you want something that will be used as a houseplant or as an outdoor plant? if outdoor, need your zone info.

will there be any other flower displays on the tables?

what's the color scheme of the wedding party?

what size containers are you thinking of?

what time of year is the wedding?

how many tables need to be done?

and how much money, time and effort do you want to put in to these? (as in, are you going to do these yourself or just purchase from a florist?)

there are plenty of options for types of plants and/or flowers!

without having more details about exactly what kind of look you're trying to accomplish, it's hard to make suggestions - there are just SO many different things that would work!! [Smile]
by cinta on June 03, 2006 01:44 PM
I have wanted someone to do a sedum & Semp centerpiece for their wedding. Maybe I can convence you. LOL

If you cannot find sedum in your area you can order some from Squaw Mountain Garden.

-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/audwoman/

If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain!!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: My Visitor| Next thread: My Wierd Geranium (pics attached) »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: