The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Dwarf Strawberries?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: dwarf pomegranate| Next thread: dwarf umbrella tree »
Back to Thread index
by Amber J on April 18, 2006 10:47 PM
So, I'm at Home Depot, and I'm wondering why all their strawberry plants look so much bigger than mine. I think, "maybe I planted too many plants in my strawberry pots and I'm stunting their growth".

So I ask the guy if he thinks that's why and he says "Yes, probably". At which point I realize that Joe Blow can walk into HD's HR department and say "Hi, I'm Joe Blow and I'm a gardening EXPERT!", and they'll say, "you're hired!!!"

So I figure the best thing to do is come HERE and see what y'all think. Can this happen? If so, should I take the risk of re-potting some of the plants into a second strawberry pot? (I bought 2 containers of strawberries, with 10 plants each - the kind in the little cardboard box). They seem to be doing fine and blooming and all, just not growing very TALL.

Any thoughts?
by Cassalo on April 19, 2006 02:17 AM
Well, I'm definately no gardening expert, but when I was little I planted strawberry plants with my mom in our backyard. They were normal plants and they weren't contained in pot, but the berries were never any larger than an inch and the plants never grew to be too tall. We only had them for one summer, so I'm guessing that they just take a while to grow tall and produce big berries.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: dwarf pomegranate| Next thread: dwarf umbrella tree »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: