The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Need Some Suggestions, Please

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Needlepoint142 on April 08, 2006 03:17 PM
Hi,

I'm disabled and have 5 screws and a metal plate in my left ankle. I also have severe arthritis.

I would like to grow tomatoes and bell peppers in containers this summer.

What works really well?

I have seen those Earthboxes advertised. Do they work that well?

Thanks so very much. [grin]
by Amber J on April 08, 2006 05:55 PM
Have you thought about growing upside-down hanging tomato plants? I tried but could not finish since I had to move, but it looked like they were going to be great! I hear the tomatoes turn out wonderfully, they're easy, and you can even grow herbs on the top.

Maybe you could hag them right at a comfortable level or something?
by Needlepoint142 on April 08, 2006 11:54 PM
With my luck I'd get drenched when I watered them or all the dirt/soil would fall out on me. LOL.

I had to pay over $1.00 each for red bell peppers last summer when I wanted to make hot pepper jelly.

I make jams,jellies,chutneys, etc., plus I have a tiny freezer so I won't mind having lots of tomatoes.

I got started making chutneys because I am allergic to raspberries including raspberry vinegar.
by weezie13 on April 10, 2006 09:45 PM
Needlepoint,
This post that Angelblossom posted a realllllly great thread on the upside down tomato plant bucket... w/step by step pictures, she did an
AWESOME JOB!!
Here's the very beginning of this post, so you can see it's set up from it's start!
My upside down tomatoe plants (ROMA).....

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: