The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Opinions on Solar Pond Fountains?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Spectator on October 28, 2006 06:46 AM
[wavey]

Little pond, little fountain, little budget. It's just a kidney-shaped plastic tub.

I don't want anything dramatic, just a little something that moves the water about, maybe encourages a few hummingbirds to bathe (do any visit zone 5?).

Looked up three kinds of pond fountains on the web:

- Exterior Accents: Small Solar Pond Fountain
16 in. fountain height, 33 gal/hr capacity
$69.95

- Outdoor Decor: Floating Lily Solar Pond Fountain
12 in. fountain height, ? capacity
$54.00

- Silicon Solar Inc.: AquaJet Pump Kit
"2 ft. max lift" - I'm presuming that's fountain height, "180 L (50 gal.) pump output"
Priced at $42.95 compared to $70+

If you've had experience with any of these, or can recommend another kind of solar pond fountain, I'd appreciate any input I can get. The pages state that these include different fountainheads (usually 3), but I can't find the spray pattern.

...Yes, I am picky.

Hang on, let me Google that...
by angelblossom on October 28, 2006 07:45 AM
Spectator....,. I've been interested in getting a solar fountian my self I have what I need as far as what I want to make a fountain out of I just need a pump and the solor panel.. Too bad they don't sale these in stores not that I have found anyway... I have seen spray patterens on some of these sites I'll have to look them up and get back to you on this I plan on having one by spring tho [thumb]

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by loz on October 28, 2006 08:08 AM
I bought mine this spring....I just have a small pond...pics show it down at the bottom of the page...I like it for a small pond, but it only runs when it's sunny...it doesn't store energy for cloudy days.

loz's pond

Here's one similar to mine!
Cheaper than what I paid too!
solar pump
by angelblossom on October 28, 2006 08:38 AM
I found a site that has a solor that store energy for cloudy AND night use and a timer that shuts off after 4 hours....

Oh Okay I just went back and read it those had batterie back ups and you just switch the button to battery

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by sibyl on November 05, 2006 11:09 AM
i like the battery idea, ive been wanting to put a pump in my shade pond, it wouldnt get much sun for the solar, and the idea of draging an extention cord all the way down there is why ive been putting it off. [Roll Eyes] but then again how much do the batteries cost,? and how long do they last? would a solar do good in part sun?
[thinker] im gonna have to keep notes! [Big Grin]

and silicon solar has a good price, ive never priced solar pumps but the plug in's were $75.+ at walmart.not counting your furture eletric bills!

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: