The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Christmas angel horns

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
by angelblossom on December 06, 2005 12:42 PM
Christmas Angel Horns

Bake @ 400 20-25 minutes untill golden brown

1/2 lb butter
8oz cream cheese
2cups flour
dash of salt

Filling
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp cinnamon
1cup sugar
3 tsp orange juice

Cream butter and cream cheese
combine dry ingrediants and add to creamed mixture
gather into ball and chill for 2 hours
Roll out 1/8" thick and cut into 3 inch squares
put a scant of filling in center of sq. and slightly spread , using one corner roll up like a cresent roll
bake untill golden brown
roll in powdered sugar when you remove from oven.then cool on rack
OR 1 minute before done, take outof oven, brush lightly with beaten egg white and sprinkle with colored candie crystals and return to oven untill golden brown for a festive look.

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by hisgal2 on December 08, 2005 05:58 AM
Well, these are certainly easy enough!!! Should the cream cheese be room temperature before I cream it with the butter??? These are definately going onto my "cookies to make" list this year!!! [thumb]

Got any more easy, but fancy looking cookie recipes???

-
 -

-
by angelblossom on December 08, 2005 07:57 AM
Hisgal2...... Yes> room temp on creamcheese and butter.. another easy one is chocolate thumb prints I take this to work and the guys at work rarely leave any for the ladies they are such "hoggie bottoms!!!" They ask for them even in July but I make them wait untill thanksgiving and Christmas...
Chocolate thumbprint cookies

1 cup very fine ground almonds
1(16oz) container of Dark Chocoloate Frostings
4 Tblespns (1/2 stick) butter @ rm temp
2 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
1/4 tsp pure almond extract
48 chocolate candy kisses

Pour almonds in pie pan and set aside
Beat Choc. frosting and butter in large bowl untill WELL BLENDED.... Stir in graham cracker crumbs and almonds extract.
Shape chocolate mixture into 1" balls. Roll each ball in almonds to coat. Place balls on a cookie sheet.. Use your finger or thumb, make a deep indention in center of each ball and place a chocolate kiss in indention, Refridgerate for 30 minutes or untill cold.. Very good ,light ,and cool! prep time 20 minutes

-
 -
by hisgal2 on December 08, 2005 08:48 AM
Can I just shove the kiss into the middle??? I have longer nails and I think that would be kind of gross to get the cookie under the nail!!! [Razz] [Big Grin]

-
 -

-
by angelblossom on December 09, 2005 08:57 AM
How-ever you can get the kiss in the middle as long as you don't squish the balls!!!! [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Dough under the nails is not good!!! [Wink]

-
 -
by hisgal2 on December 09, 2005 10:42 AM
and what about finely groung pecans instead....I've got sooooooo many pecans left from last year! I can't take them with me when we move, so I've got to get rid of these suckers!

-
 -

-
by angelblossom on December 09, 2005 12:22 PM
pecans would be just as good I don't know about using the almond extract tho maybe vanilla instead unless you have pecan extract [Big Grin] just put them in your food processer and gind them fine. [thumb]

-
 -
by 4Ruddy on December 09, 2005 01:48 PM
Jenn...if you have a mini muffin pan...make up some of the mini pecan pies (tassies they are called) they fly off the plate and would be a great way to use up your pecans.

And...just as a rule of thumb....you should alawys set your cream cheese out and use it at room temp unless a recipe specifically calls for it to be cold.

If you are in to "pretty" cookies...I make the peanut butter thumbprints...and cut the minin Reeses Peanut butter cups in half, lay i/2 down on each cookie...them pipe a red drop flower & leaf on each one...it looks like a pot with a poinsettia in it...very festive!

~V~

-
 -

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...
by hisgal2 on December 11, 2005 04:49 AM
Yeah, I make ALOT of things with cream cheese and the majority of it calls for the cream cheese to be softend. I just wanted to make sure. I've made pecan tassies before...pretty easy. This year, I'm making mini pumpkin pecan muffins. I'm just using a regular recipe and putting the batter in my mini pans and then will top each with a pecan half. Thought that would be easier than trying to fit full-sized muffins in a cookie tin!! [Big Grin] I tried for 2 days to find canned pumpkin...I can't find it! What aisle is it in!?? Canned fruit? Canned veggies?? I even looked where the pie filling is!

-
 -

-
by 4Ruddy on December 11, 2005 11:44 PM
It should be in the pie filling area...they must have just been out Jenn because this time of the year is when they sell the most canned pumkin. I accidentally picked up a can of prepared pumkin pie filling instead of just canned "pumpkin" so I went ahead and made a pumkin pie out of it...NASTY...we ended up throwing the whole pie away...it was aweful. I know to look MUCH closer now!
They also may have it in a special holiday baking section. Wal~Mart always sets up a special isle in the middle of the store for baking items during the holidays...

~V~

-
 -

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: