The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

temporary removal of liner pond

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: temporary ground cover| Next thread: Tender roses? Roses? What? »
Back to Thread index
by niguma on August 07, 2006 09:07 AM
Hi all,
We would like to temporary remove our 7" by 8" liner pond. We would like to create a play area of my daughter, where we did not have to be concerned with her drowning.

I am unsure on what to do. I've been told by some people to fill the liner pond with sand or substrate granite. I was hoping to put a layer of sand on top of the granite, where my daughter could play.
However, one person has said NOT to do this, as the rain will eventually go past the sand (or granite) to the bottom of the pond, and start to stink. I thought that the sand would hold the rain and eventually evaporate. I don't want to create a muddy, stinky mess!

Our climate is mild, little snow during the year, but lots of rain (Vancouver, B.C.)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
by SpringFever on August 07, 2006 10:45 AM
Is there a way to put a fence of chicken wire around the area?? I have a pond and a 2yr old and have never had a problem with my pond..It is the NO NO area of the yard..

Just a thought..

Welcome to the Forum I hope you love it here!! [wavey]

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by kennyso on August 07, 2006 11:36 AM
Or if the fence doesn't work, why don't you just leave the liner in and fill with sand, your daughter can have a hugh sand box? remember to puncture holes at the bottom so rain water dcan drip out of the sand, enough water mixed with sand makes quicksand

-
 -

Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the earth
My Website My Blog

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: temporary ground cover| Next thread: Tender roses? Roses? What? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: