The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

allready in and not level

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by welldigger on August 01, 2006 12:49 PM
i installed my first water pond monday and today i put my rocks around it and put mulch behind the rocks. my water is a little deeper on one side than it is the other lol. i guess i was in such a hurry i wanted to finish it. the water still comes up to the shelf that you dig for your plants. i was wanting to know what could i do about kindly hiding the side that isn't so level with out having to pull my liner out again. is there any plans that would be bushy enough to hide that? and if there is where could i get this plant . For my other question is it to late to plant anything. if its not how do i plant water plants [Confused]

justin
by Jiffymouse on August 01, 2006 01:41 PM
justin, almost anything you put in it will cover the uneven part. i have water hyacinth that cover everything! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] check out the picture of my pond. it is actually a 3 tier thing, but you wouldn't know it by looking.
by Jimmy V on August 02, 2006 06:49 PM
I have never seen a natural pond or lake that was level. One ends shallow will let frogs and other aquatic life be able to get on land easier or just get in sallow water to eat the skeeter larvae that will be there around the edges and rock. By the time you get your plants and/or rocks or what ever your using for back drop around it nobody will be able to tell unless their right up on it anyway.

- Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.
 - GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops! Jimmy's Photos
 - Jimmy's Blog
by welldigger on August 03, 2006 11:41 AM
thank you jimmy that makes sence and makes me feel better about it not being level. thank you for helping me. i am having problems now with trash getting in it falling from the trees i put it under. its shaded really good though.

justin

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: