The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

saw a bluebird!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by pagarden on May 26, 2006 03:54 PM
WOOHOO! LIFE BIRD for me! my daughter was doing her homework on the picnic table and i noticed a bird flying from tree, to ground, back to tree severeal times. i couldn't see details quite that far (wow a whole 20 ft or so!) so i got out my binoculars and it was a female bluebird! WOOHOO! let my daughter take a look to and she thought she was "so cute". she flew away after a good 5 minutes of tree to ground back to tree flying. so i just sat at the table with my daughter watching the goldfinches eat and just enjoying the nice weather. then i saw a bird fly on the roof of my neighbors garage, picked up the binocluars and it was the male! 2 in 1 day! must have a nest close by huh? i am so excited! they were beautiful!
by johnCT on May 27, 2006 12:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by pagarden:
must have a nest close by huh? i am so excited!
Probably! Or their looking for a nestbox to shack up in. Do you have a nestbox in your yard? Having bluebirds nest in your yard is one of the BEST things you could possibly experience. I've had them for two years now and my pair's brood of 4 babies hatched on the 18th and are now 8 days old. Think about it PA. The hardest part is attracting them to your yard. You've already done the hard part. Even if they're already caring for a brood, they will start another one a week or so after the babies fledge. Your daughter will love it checking on the box and seeing the babies.

John - Zone 6
by pagarden on May 27, 2006 12:45 AM
we actually do have 2 bird boxes we need to hang. [Embarrassed] and we have 2 other nests in our yard and yes, the kids (and myself) LOVE checking on them!

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: