The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Challenge update

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: CG Garden maps, anyone?| Next thread: Chamelaucium »
Back to Thread index
by Rebecca150 on June 03, 2006 04:39 AM
Hi everybody! Long time no talk. I started a new job and am trying to get used to my new schedule.

First of all I want to say THANK YOU to everybody that shared flowers and seeds with me :-)

Secondly, I would post a pic BUT my silly camera isn't working right now. I am making really good progress along the wall of my house in my bak yard though.

My total so far is 105. I have had to buy a lot of soil and a fair amount of tools. I'm sitting down today and am going to budget out the rest.

I have someone who is going to give me a ton of soda bottles so I can make mini greenhouses and get some more seeds started. That and I am giving my best shot to a compost pile. I have a worm bin but it takes a really long time for castings to be made and I need some volume to put in my yard. So I figured it won't hurt a thing to do both:-)

I'm getting ready to hit walmart for clearance bulbs and hanging baskets, home depot to see what they got and a fellow freecylcer has some nifty things I can use.

Now lets see if I can stay out of the garden long enough to clean my house!

I'm going to fiddle with the camera some more and see if I can get it to work a little later.

rebecca
by tkhooper on June 03, 2006 12:02 PM
This sounds really exciting. I hope you can get the camera to working. And you are definitely right soil seems to end up being the biggest expense. Of course that's just because I don't go hog wild with rhizomes like I want to. If I could I'd have a huge selection of Peonies some with over a 100.00 dollar price tag and crown imperials. Sure the Crowns are only 13 a bulb but still way out of my price range. That is unless I win the lottery lol.

-
 -
by Wrennie on June 04, 2006 01:55 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Rebecca150:
Now lets see if I can stay out of the garden long enough to clean my house!
[lala] I didn't know you were supposed to clean the house during garden season! [dunno] Or is that what those really rainy days are for?

Sounds like you're off to a great start!

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by angelblossom on June 04, 2006 10:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Wrennie
[lala] I didn't know you were supposed to clean the house during garden season! [dunno] Or is that what those really rainy days are for?

[shocked] [shocked] Me Either!!!Hmmmm > Even on a rainey day, I hate house work,, [Frown]
Rarely am I inside so there not a mess to clean,, Untill it gets untolerably hot hotside, then I'll go in and Maaaaaybe think about dusting [lala] [Big Grin]
Rebecca I hope you get your camera operating soon ! I would love to see pic of your progress!!!!

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by Jiffymouse on June 05, 2006 09:51 AM
housework? what's that? when i win the lottery, i'm getting a maid!
by Rebecca150 on July 17, 2006 05:31 AM
I'm trying to figure out how post a link to photo bucket album so you all can see pics of my backyard and what I have been able to do over the past few months.

My total so far is 160. It sure does add up real quick! Right now I am ready to start planting a fall vegetable garden in a 4 by 4 foot raised bed. Here in Texas there is still time for hot weather veggies so I'll do that and then plant the fall veggies. For the rest of the year my focus is going to be on making beds ready for next year by collecting LOTS of organic material to make compost.

I hope this works...I'm not as computer savy as most people so forgive if things get boggy here. As far as I understand this is supposed to be a link though...I dunno?!?!!!

Some of the pictures are a little fuzzy. My digital camera is on its last leg but I did manage to get it to work.

My biggest flower bed was the product of bad spacing on my part. As soon as the weather is a little cooler I plan on shifting around some of the perrenials to give them more space.

And isn't that just the cutest little plant you saw growing in the water bucket!

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Hope you enjoy!
by Karrie on July 17, 2006 02:13 PM
Definitely one of the cutest lil plants ever!

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by penny in ontario on July 18, 2006 03:05 AM
How cute is that [Big Grin] [clappy] [thumb]

-
 -

-
by Triss on July 26, 2006 03:06 PM
Awesome job on the yard so far!

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: CG Garden maps, anyone?| Next thread: Chamelaucium »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: