The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

any1 got a cheep and easy way to make a terrarium?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Any suggestions?| Next thread: Anybody dealing with Reynaud's? »
Back to Thread index
by rubberbandman on February 26, 2006 09:11 AM
I need a cheep terrarium. right now I've got a venus flytrap in a milk carton with a flap cut in the side.

-
people tell me I have the body of a god... too bad its buddah.
by Longy on February 27, 2006 03:55 AM
2nd hand fishtank, glass bowl, clear plastic box, etc. Take a trip to a recycling centre and take your imagination with you. There'll be something there which will work. It's just gotta be a clear container with a bottom in it.

-
The secret is the soil.
by rubberbandman on February 27, 2006 04:44 AM
I was kinda thinkin allong the lines of making a box frame out of wood, and leave the bottom open so I can take it off the plant easily, then wrapping the rast of it with plastic wrap. But thats plan B if I can't find something like you said.

-
people tell me I have the body of a god... too bad its buddah.
by SpringFever on March 13, 2006 09:10 PM
Ya know I buy those big glass candles with the lids on them.. when the candle is gone I use it to plant things in..

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by Gupleton on March 25, 2006 03:24 AM
If you can find some pieces of glass, old mirrors around, or whatever, try using aquarium cement to stick them together. Your local fish store should have it. That will give you a water-tight seal. You may need to be a bit patient and don't cut yourself on the glass!

Also, there are old aquariums being posted on craigslist pretty often, that might be the easiest way to go.
by Bebop on March 31, 2006 04:09 PM
10 gal tanks are $10 at Walmart. not too bad.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Any suggestions?| Next thread: Anybody dealing with Reynaud's? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: