The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Thank-you Everyone!!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Thank you| Next thread: Thanks again Angelblossom!! »
Back to Thread index
by LandOfOz on May 29, 2006 03:48 PM
I'm so excited!! I've been meaning to start my compost pile for a while now, everything is out an waiting, but I shattered my big toe and was put on bedrest for 2 weeks (with the threat of a full leg cast if I didn't behave). And yesterday, FINALLY, I was able to get out there and make my lovely concoction. [clappy] I mixed in some leaves, itty-bitty broken twigs, chopped veggies and scraps from the kitchen, a big ol' bag of coffe grounds from starbucks (those count as a green right??), some mushrooms growing in the yard, and some sawdust. I went out to stir it tonight, and the pile was HOT! Not steaming or anything cool like that, but it was still awfully hot. I just wanted to say
[Love] THANK YOU!!!!!! [Love]

To all the advise that you guys shared with me directly and indirectly. [gabby] I'd be watching my poor plants struggle without your help! I am so grateful! [kissies]

Sarah

-
Sarah - Zone 5b/6
 -
by weezie13 on June 01, 2006 02:06 AM
Sarah,
Isn't that compost pile the BEST???

And I've been composting for yearsssssssss,
and I still feel like it's my first pile when
it gets' steamin' hot...you just can't believe
putting in the stuff you do and getting that end product of "Black~Gold"...

And it's sooooo natural and keeps all that gunk
out of the landfills'...

Cudo's for starting that pile, and keeping it up
andddddddd sharing your enthusiasm for it too..
Hope you keep us posted on the pile, and all your adventures of composting.. trials and errors and the things you've learned along the path...
and in time when you feel comfortable enough to keep coming back here and helping those who are new to composting along their path too!!!

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Thank you| Next thread: Thanks again Angelblossom!! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: