The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Since worms are so popular.....

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Rebecca150 on April 26, 2006 04:35 PM
I thought I would share my two cents worth!

I just moved into my first home and I am SOOOOO excited to have a backyard that I can dig into to my hearts content. Two things I have planned on doing for years are square foot gardening and composting with worms.

So I was searching on the internet for the best and most economical way to pen these little critters in and I found this

http://whatcom.wsu.edu/ag/compost/Easywormbin.htm

Jeez I sure hope its okay to post links. I'd hate to get a tounge lashing my first day here!

Who doesn't have a million of these things laying around :-) Even if you don't they sure aren't expensive. Hope this can help someone.
by Longy on April 26, 2006 11:25 PM
Great site. Great first post. Enjoy your new freedom and welcome to the forum.

-
The secret is the soil.
by peppereater on April 27, 2006 04:11 AM
Thanks! I've been planning to start a worm bin. [thumb] That will be simple.

-
Dave
Even my growlights are getting restless!
by patches1414 on April 27, 2006 10:32 PM
That's a great article! [thumb] There's also a lot of valuable information on this site, so you might want to some of that out. [Wink] I just started a worm bin about 1-1/2 months ago. [Smile]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by twwright on April 28, 2006 12:42 AM
Oh my gosh!! [clappy] I am soooo happy that you posted that particular website. You, are good [angel] . I am currently using worms for composting and have that exact Rubbermaid Tub for my worms, however, I realized that I needed to create a new crate on top and didn't know exactly how I should go about it. Now, I do. If I had seen this website when I first started searching the web for worm composting I would have saved tons of research time and effort. Better late than never. Don't know when this was posted but I'm pleased as punch I have seen it. Here's to you! [muggs]

Terry

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: