The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Smaller mints

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by ulnevets on December 27, 2006 01:45 PM
What kind of mint would you recommend for a dorm room (indoor)? I'm considering pineapple mint and blue balsam mint, but any suggestions would be appreciated. Looking mostly for something that smells and tastes good.
by badplanter on December 27, 2006 10:35 PM
spearmint of Peppermint is always good... [thumb]

-
 -
 -  - "I don't want no more of army life, gee mom, I wanna go, but they won't let me go, gee mom, I wanna go home!" My PB!
by ulnevets on December 28, 2006 01:16 AM
too big, i think

remember, this is a college dorm with 3 in a room
by Lorena on December 28, 2006 08:47 AM
... chocolate mint... orange mint... just prune them back or give rootlings away every so often... keep it small...

-
"My Treasures do not clink
together or glitter. They gleam in
the sun and neigh in the night"

Old Arab Proverb
by Deborah L. on December 28, 2006 09:22 AM
With mint as with many other plants, the larger the plant the larger the root ball. So keeping a mint trimmed back is a good idea in your situation.
I have never heard of a small mint. Most are about the same size. There is catmint, but it's not "minty". I'm not sure if catmint really is a mint.
A 6" pot, watered when almost dry, and a sunny windowsill and your mints should be OK.
BTW, spearmint grows happily in water only. Like in a clear glass vase. The water would heat up in a windowsill though.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: