The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

The Colors of Fall II

Willy's Place » Wallpaper of the Day
« Prev thread: The Colors of Fall| Next thread: The Colors of Fall III »
Back to Thread index
by Bill on October 02, 2004 09:13 PM
Every three months or so I actually get a day off.... and yesterday was it!
I loaded the cameras, put in some traveling music (The Doors), and headed up into the hills. I drove and drove until I reached the end of the logging road 100 miles from home.
After all that, all I found was one lousy flower and a whole lot of trees. For those of you who like looking at the different colors of the leaves in fall, here's some more pictures for you...

-

-

-

[grin]

-
by Jiffymouse on October 03, 2004 05:52 PM
for someone like me who very rarely gets to see the seasons change like that, those are beautiful!! [thumb]
by Bill on October 05, 2005 10:30 AM
[Smile]

-
by 4Ruddy on November 06, 2005 05:18 PM
quote:
for someone like me who very rarely gets to see the seasons change like that, those are beautiful
Oh Jiffy...I can't imagine not being able to enjoy the fall colors every year! I would just have to take up traveling because I wouldn't dare miss the beauty of the season...it's my favorite...I keep my house decorated in fall colors all year long. They are just so warm and cozy!
Absolutely excellent pics Mr. Bill...I'm just having a really hard time choosing my favorite!!

-
 -

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...
by plants 'n pots on November 06, 2005 10:01 PM
That's sooooo what I missed when we lived in Reno for 7 years -
almost zero deciduous trees anywhere to be found there!

Can't get enough of these GORGEOUS colors either, Vanessa!

Nice pictures, Bill!

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by 4Ruddy on November 07, 2005 02:11 AM
I have a couple of antique frames that I am thinking I might print a couple of these out and put them in...I am wondering though...do I need to print them out on photo paper or would just a heavy card grade paper work? And...is that Legal???

-
 -

by Bill on November 07, 2005 02:28 AM
quote:
do I need to print them out on photo paper or would just a heavy card grade paper work?
Photo paper will give you a much better quality print (You have a choice of glossy or matte finish). The print will last much longer with photo paper too, but it is considerably more expensive. You can usually find sampler packs (5-10 sheets) at Staples and places like that.

quote:
And...is that Legal???
Its legal to do with any of MY photos!

[Smile]

[teacher] Did you know that most photo editing programs have special effects options which let you change the "look" of the photos so they appear to be oil paintings, watercolors, antique etc?

-
by 4Ruddy on November 07, 2005 06:24 AM
I have photo express and it has the oil painting option...WAY COOL...I am so excited...
Thanks Mr. Bill!

Now comes the hard part...having to choose just 2...... [Roll Eyes]

-
 -

by Bill on November 07, 2005 06:51 AM
Are you looking specifically for Fall Colors?

-
by 4Ruddy on November 07, 2005 08:57 AM
Yes...and that is exactly what I pulled up that I am having so much trouble with...they are ALL absolutely gorgeous...and the photography is EXCELLENT!!! Just really torn on which 2 I want to put in my frames....so then I got to thinkin...I might do several and just change them out every so often... [thumb] I just do not think there is a more beautiful time of the year!

-
 -

by Bill on November 07, 2005 09:20 AM
I just installed The Colors of Autumn screensaver.... Its been a long time since I made any of those. They used to be so fun to make.... Brought back a lot of old (but good) memories!
Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

-
by 4Ruddy on November 07, 2005 10:41 AM
I think that first one is one of my absolute favorites....but I'm lovin them ALL!

-
 -

by comfrey on November 08, 2005 09:37 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Bill:
I loaded the cameras, put in some traveling music (The Doors), [grin]
Bill..for those of us that don't know much about you except you keep things running around here, You just told on yourself with the above statement about the traveling music [Big Grin] I liked the third picture the best!

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: The Colors of Fall| Next thread: The Colors of Fall III »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: