The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Here's the Cinnamon Basil

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Here's another, Cleome| Next thread: HEY, MA!!! WHAT'S FER SUPPER? »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on March 08, 2006 04:16 AM
I remember I was going through planting withdrawal and just had to plant something last summer so I planted the cinnamon basil. This is what it looks like now.  -

-
 -
by ChristinaC on March 08, 2006 04:18 AM
Tammy..that looks great!! My basil didn't get that big until I got it outside! And u just have it a sunny window?

-
 -
by tkhooper on March 08, 2006 04:30 AM
Well I'm a lot closer to the equator in zone 7. I find that things really take off if I can get them in a window down here. Also I planted it in that big container it's in as a seed. For some reason that helps mine really take off too. Also it's planted in the miracle gro that has the slow release fertilizer already in it rather than potting soil. I think because of all of that it got bigger than most. Also I started pinching this one back almost from the time it started getting leaves.

My last sweet basil was bigger than this but it was leggy and I didn't want that to happen again.

-
 -
by ChristinaC on March 08, 2006 04:33 AM
Well kudos to you...(I just found out what kudos meant and thats the first time I've used it). I've been waiting for the right moment. [Big Grin] I'm such a geek. [Wink]

-
 -
by tkhooper on March 08, 2006 07:14 AM
I know what you mean. The first time I saw the word on a civilian corporate documents my jaw dropped lol. But the writer was retired navy so it made sense as long as the person he sent it to had the same or closely related background.

-
 -
by obywan59 on March 08, 2006 10:35 AM
I always say I'm going to grow some basil inside in a pot, but I never get around to doing it.

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by comfrey on March 08, 2006 01:38 PM
Wow Tammy very nice plant!!!! [thumb] [thumb]

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Here's another, Cleome| Next thread: HEY, MA!!! WHAT'S FER SUPPER? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: