The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

OK, Everybody say awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!

Willy's Place » Wallpaper of the Day
« Prev thread: OK , now I am really frustrated| Next thread: OK' tell me about... »
Back to Thread index
by Bill on June 02, 2004 02:21 AM
As I sat in the Hummingbird House (new name for the "Living Room") this morning, enjoying my coffee and the first freshly picked strawberries of the year (yummmmmmmmmm...), Rufus and the lovely Mrs. Rufus Just happened to drop in to say hello, and to introduce me to their new baby, <font color="#FFB7DB">Little Rue</font>!

She's adorable. Sometimes she had a bit of trouble figuring out how to keep her balance on the perch when she'd first land, sometimes she'd nod out and almost fall off, and she got a bit upset if mom left for too long but we had a nice first meeting as she sat 3 feet from me for an hour or so....

Great way to start a day, eh?

-

-

-

- This is a Cedar Hill bird!

by catlover on June 02, 2004 03:12 AM
Awwwwwwwe...little Rue is sooooooo cute! The baby sat there for an HOUR???!! WOW!!! Your a lucky one! [thumb]
[kitty]

-
 -
 -
by Bill on June 02, 2004 03:34 AM
For some strange reason, my lil birdies all love and trust me, in spite of the fact that I'm such a scarey guy....
[Embarrassed]
What shocked me was that all the other hummingbirds (there were 13 at one point) left her completely alone, so that she could stay there with me... none of the other hummers get to sit at a feeder that long... ever!
We are up to a half gallon of food a day (and 8 feeders) now..... (and 10+ pounds of birdseed) I guess the joy they've given me make it worthwhile! [Cool]
by catlover on June 02, 2004 06:18 AM
[shocked] That is a lot of food! You will have to go on a diet....having to pay for all that sugar and birdseed out of your food budget! [kitty]

-
 -
 -
by afgreyparrot on June 02, 2004 04:11 PM
Oh, that would be so neat to see a baby that close up!
I have a gazillion hummingbirds, too, and was wondering about the nests. There must be a lot of them in my yard SOMEWHERE! I'd love to find one this fall when the leaves are gone. Would they be in a tree or a shrub?

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by Nako on June 02, 2004 09:26 PM
last year, i was at a friend's house, and a hummingbird got caught in my hair! o.O scary. I thought it was a bat lol. But ya, after a few minutes of flapping, and wild cheeping, and a lotta bzzzzzzzzzzzz sounds, i got it out, and held it in my hands up to my face and was like "youuuuuuuuu need to look where you're going birdy!" and just kinda flicked it up in the air. o.O they don't get their balance in the air quite too well when you do that lol.

My bird has it done all the time, so i expected a hummingbird to be able to do it instantly, but nope lol. It didn't hit the ground though, thank God lol.

But omg that is just such a cutie! I love baby birdies ^.^ they're just so cute!

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by gardenmom32210 on June 03, 2004 03:57 AM
Little Rue is ADORABLE [flower] We have hummers here,but I've never seen a baby,until now. Thank You [flower]

Karen [grin]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: OK , now I am really frustrated| Next thread: OK' tell me about... »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: