The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Pepper Plant - poisonous or nonpoisonous??

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: pepper plant| Next thread: pepper plant problem »
Back to Thread index
by ceceharpo on October 15, 2006 12:06 AM
Hello everyone! Sunny but cold up here in Southern Ontario. Snow flurries even, kind of early I think!

I bought for the Canadian Thanksgiving, two lovely ornamental pepper plants to 'spruce up my washroom'. They have many many fruit on them, one being orange and the other being red. These pepper fruit are both quite rounded, NOT long and elongated. They are about 1 - 1 1/2 inch long and in diameter.

Could someone please tell me, are these poisonous to eat? I have been searching forums, sites, and as yet have not found any information that lets me know which they are.

If you have a site that gives me this information, please forward it to me, or if you know for yourself, please email me and let me know.

I would like to dry these or use them if they are edible. Hopeing to hear from you on this issue.

Thankyou.

cece
by Sorellina on October 15, 2006 12:38 AM
Ciao Cece,

Varietal names are always helpful.

-
by comfrey on October 15, 2006 01:25 PM
Most ornamental peppers are edible, but in some cases plant sources say not to eat them, They should not be poisonous though, but may be very... very... hot.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: pepper plant| Next thread: pepper plant problem »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: