The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Forsythia Wednesday

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Forsythia limbs die back| Next thread: forynsia care »
Back to Thread index
by Carly on May 11, 2005 11:50 PM
Today I went looking for stuff to put in my little patches - there's no end of stuff on the retaining walls on this property.

I'll begin by showing off (like always). Here's the alyssum I seeded from that clump I rescued form the library planter last summer. I started this in January and kept repotting it - now, it's finally going somewhere:

Alyssum - May 11th, 2k5

-

It turned out to be a great day - I learned what Forsythia is (I was calling this stuff wisteria). This gets really long in the summer - I think I do have a picture of it with its full skirt on. Anyway, it got a haircut today - simply 'cause I wanted to get at the wild violets under it:

Forsythia - May 11th, 2k5

-

-

Those two stones you see were behind the fence - I've been meaning to get the neighbour to pass them over for the last two years. Today, Ray just happened to be out there about to water his trees and I asked him to get them for me.

I don't know what I'm going to do with them yet.

-

I ended up saving the stuff - I don't know what will happen with it. I've put some in the south island garden.

Forsythia Harvest - May 11th, 2k5

-

I painstakingly cut up all the twigs and used it for a base - then I stuck the long pieces into it, watered it well.

It's now down on what I call the south island - some of it has been stuck in my patches. More on that later.

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
by Carly on May 11, 2005 11:59 PM
Not to worry that I'll run out of stuff from the retaining wall - here's the next few feet of it to tackle . . .

More Retaining Wall - May 11th, 2k5

-

-

Thanks to Image Shack

-

Haven't a clue what all that stuff is (other than the forsythia), but I'll play with it and see what I can do.

I'll be back later to show off - I did some work on the south island.

-
by Carly on May 13, 2005 04:02 AM
 -

-

There's my corner on the south island - I put some sprigs of that forsythia in it - don't know if they'll take.

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Forsythia limbs die back| Next thread: forynsia care »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: