The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Peppers for Your Viewing Pleasure

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Peppers are growing| Next thread: Peppers in containers »
Back to Thread index
by comfrey on August 05, 2006 08:19 AM
Here are my California Wonder Bell Peppers, I picked a 3 gallon bucket full of red ones and another 3 gallon bucket full of green ones.

-

-

-
 -
by johnCT on August 05, 2006 08:31 AM
Oh Man Comfrey! Those things are gorgeous! Nicely done! I ended up not planting any regular bell style. I have Jimmy Nardello and Carmen. Both are the long thin style sweet peppers.

John - Zone 6
by comfrey on August 05, 2006 08:34 AM
Here is what i made out of the peppers today, I ended up with 9 pints of sweet pepper relish.

-

-
 -
by pagarden on August 05, 2006 09:14 AM
oh wow! how many plants do you have???? they look gorgeous- my mouth is watering.....
by comfrey on August 05, 2006 09:29 AM
I have 28 plants...I always grow more then I have this year, so I can make this relish. Everyone begs for a jar.

-
 -
by Deborah L. on August 05, 2006 09:48 AM
Well done, Comfrey ! [thumb] [flower]
What do you put the relish on?
Looks like it would be good in potato salad and baked beans too.

-
 -
by TulsaRose on August 05, 2006 09:54 AM
Beautiful!!! Now my mouth is watering for a good batch of Stuffed Peppers. Hmmmmmmm...I may have to make a run to the grocery store and get all the "fixins." lol! I bet the relish is wonderful!

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by peppereater on August 05, 2006 11:06 AM
Wow! If you notice any of those peppers or jars of relish missing, well let's just say, innocent until proven guilty! [lala] [Big Grin]
I'm still wiating for most of my peppers, but yesterday I ate 2 yellow banana peppers that were turning slightly red. Oh, what a treat! I was never much of a fan of banana peppers before, but now I'm hooked.
I've canned a variety of pickled peppers, and to my surprise, sliced bell peppers are possibly the best pickles. Try 'em on a burger or sandwich....yum.

-
Dave
Even my growlights are getting restless!
by angelblossom on August 05, 2006 11:12 AM
Oh Comfrey Those look sooooo GOOD!
MMMMMM I'll pm my address you can send as much as you can pack in the largest box you can find! [lala] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

HI Peppereater good to see you on!! AHHH The relish is on it 's way to me!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by Triss on August 05, 2006 11:19 AM
Looks so good Comfrey. Beautiful peppers and good looking relish as well!!! Great harvest!

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by Rosepetal on August 05, 2006 12:22 PM
Hi Comfrey

What a sight and you've got my mouth watering overtime. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Can you share the recipe with us? I'd sure love to have it. [thumb] [thumb]

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by comfrey on August 05, 2006 02:03 PM
Sure...the recipe is in the ball blue book..except I don't add the red hot pepper to the spice bag. The relish is good on or in anything you want to use it on....It is great mixed with mac N cheese. My mom will eat it right out of the jar [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] but I can post the recipe if you want...Let me know. I'll post it in the recipe section if you don't have the ball blue book.

-
 -
by ChristinaC on August 06, 2006 12:47 AM
Holy Shmoley!! Beautiful looking peppers Comfrey. What variety is that? Mine never get all that big. [dunno]

-
 -
by ChristinaC on August 06, 2006 12:48 AM
Oh..I read back again..I see the name of them. [nutz]

-
 -
by tkhooper on August 06, 2006 01:24 AM
Wonderful job Comfrey.

-
 -
by peppereater on August 06, 2006 04:02 AM
Those look too perfect. I think Comfrey bought a bunch of those plastic ones you get at hobby stores! [tongue] [Big Grin]
Amazing.

-
Dave
by ChristinaC on August 06, 2006 04:19 AM
Yep..and she could of easily copied the relish pic off the internet. [Big Grin] [tongue] [Wink]

-
 -
by peppereater on August 06, 2006 04:25 AM
[Roll Eyes] [Smile] [Big Grin]

-
Dave
by LandOfOz on August 06, 2006 04:55 AM
Those are some gorgeous peppers comfrey! I think a lot of us are turning green with envy. [Big Grin]

Sarah

-
Sarah - Zone 5b/6
 -
by penny in ontario on August 06, 2006 04:59 AM
WOW....great job there!!!

-
 -

-
by lakegran on August 06, 2006 01:30 PM
[clappy] [thumb] What a gorgeous sight your shelf of canned pepper relish is. What could be more satisfying than raising then putting up such yummy looking treats .. Looks like Blue Ribbon time at the county fair.

-
by Bestofour on August 06, 2006 01:58 PM
Beautiful peppers. I planted 1 little plant and have had a few green ones, but those red ones look sooo good.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all have a meal together and bring our vegetables. Who needs meat when we've got such beautiful veges.

I need to figure out how to fix the next gift exchange because I want Comfrey to get my name and send canned peppers.

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by comfrey on August 06, 2006 03:45 PM
[Embarrassed] Wow I don't know what to say...These peppers are so easy to grow and care for...they are no work at all. I start half of them and when they sprout...I start the other half of my row. Now I plant them all out at the sametime or a week apart. The first set of plants will get those green bell pepper...then the second set will get green, but the first set will start to turn red....So I get great red bell pepper ones with thick walls and very sweet and prime green bell peppers all at the same time, perfect for making my sweet pepper relish. And I had thought about taking it to the county fair...but that is alot of work...I already have a few blue ribbons from the county fair [grin] And>>>>>>Sheri great ideal, I never thought about using it that way [thumb] Anyway I appreciate all the compliments and the teasing [kissies]

-
 -
by Rosepetal on August 08, 2006 10:44 AM
Comfrey please post the recipe. Many thanks ahead of time.

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by peppereater on August 08, 2006 01:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by comfrey:
Anyway I appreciate all the compliments and the teasing [kissies]
Our pleasure! [thumb] [tongue] [Big Grin]
Great job, though, seriously. I've never had a crop like that.

-
Dave
by Amigatec on August 08, 2006 02:21 PM
Mine didn't do that good last year, this year I planted New Mex, Anchos, Sweet Banana, and some other variety, can't remember.

But those are good looking peppers, and would be GREAT stuffed!!!!

-
 -
One OS to rule them, one OS to find them:
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Redmond where the shadows lie.
by comfrey on August 08, 2006 02:28 PM
Yes they would be great stuffed...I still have a ton in the garden to do something with..I will dry some for later use..but will still have way more then I need.

I will post the recipe in the recipe section for those interested.

-
 -
by chenno on August 09, 2006 05:09 AM
[thumb] wow...there are awesome!

-
 -
Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks.
Plutarch
by comfrey on August 09, 2006 07:16 AM
Ok the recipe for the relish is here

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Peppers are growing| Next thread: Peppers in containers »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: