The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Chocolate Amaretto Cake

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
« Prev thread: Chocolate Upside Down Cake| Next thread: Chocolate Cheesecake »
Back to Thread index
by Triss on August 20, 2005 08:16 AM
This is one of my mom's recipes, tweaked by me for MORE chocolate!

Cake

1 package chocolate cake mix
4 eggs
1 small package instant chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup amaretto liqueur
1/4 teaspoon almond extract

Topping
1/2 cup butter
2 Tbsp water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup amaretto liqueur

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a bundt pan. In a large bowl, combine cake ingredients. Blend well for approximately 3 minutes. Pour batter into prepared bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove cake from oven, and use an ice pick or skewer to make as many holes as possible into the cake. Apply glaze while cake is still warm. Slowly and patiently drizzle glaze over cake, including the edges and center of Bundt pan. Allow cake to cool in the pan for at least 2 hours

To make the glaze:

Combine butter, sugar, 1/4 cup water, boil for 5 minutes then add 1/2 cup amaretto in a saucepan and turn it off.

Additional topping: You can toast about a half a cup of slivered almonds and put them in the bottom of the pan before baking and then sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar.

You can also change up this recipe for a different flavor by using lemon cake and pudding and omitting the amaretto.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by Shani on September 03, 2005 02:33 PM
Mmmm that sounds really good Triss I think I may be making it for a get together next weekend

Shani
 -
May the wind always be at your back
and your keel in the water
by Triss on September 03, 2005 10:37 PM
Let me know how you like it!

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Chocolate Upside Down Cake| Next thread: Chocolate Cheesecake »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: