The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

tomato plant with yellowing

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Tomato plant flowers| Next thread: tomato plant-speckled leaves »
Back to Thread index
by mn. salsa girl on July 10, 2006 02:59 PM
I'm new to this site, and new to my garden. My mother has always had a garden but this is the first year that I have my very own. I have quite a large tomato garden this year, and some of my tom. plants are starting to yellow around the bottom. It has been very dry here this summer, and I have been watering them every two days. Could I be over watering? I will try to send a picture later. The plants look very healthy other wise. The plants which are in the planters more yellow than the ones in the ground. Thanks
by ChristinaC on July 13, 2006 03:52 PM
mn. salsa girl
You should post this in the fruits and vegetables forum. You will get tons of answers, suggestions, opinions, etc there.

Oh..and it's not uncommon to have the bottom (more mature) leaves to yellow. I just pull them off when this happens. But posting pics will give everyone a good idea as to what is going on. Good luck.
Christina

-
 -
by afgreyparrot on July 14, 2006 03:21 AM
mn. salsa girl..... [wavey]

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this topic up into the Fruit and Vegetablr forum for you.

Cindy

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by johnCT on July 14, 2006 05:04 AM
Welcome! May just be as Christina said, but it could also be overwatering. Could be disease as well. What's your soil like? Sand/Clay? Are the plants mulched? Do you fertilize?

John - Zone 6

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Tomato plant flowers| Next thread: tomato plant-speckled leaves »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: