The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

how do you remove the seeds? ~ KEEP!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by SpringFever on March 07, 2006 10:51 PM
I have a heap of flowers and I am not sure what the proper way to remove the seeds...
these are the ones.
columbine
peppermint
jacobs ladder
carnation
hollyhock (black knight)
fox glove
any ifno would be great!
I am sure there are a lot I am forgetting right now as well

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by suzydaze on March 08, 2006 02:23 AM
hollyhock (black knight)
hollyhocks make a seed pod, you can break the pod open with your hands (fingers) and the seeds are in a disc, they are brown to black in color (usually the lighter the flower the lighter the seed color, since you have black knight yours shoudl be black)

Don't know about the others I have never grown any of those.

-
 -
I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
by SpringFever on March 08, 2006 04:53 AM
Hey thanks alot just want to be able to share and have alot more flowers!! I think I will start on my neighbors yard this summer I am getting bored of the plastic ones they put over there...

-
 -
by MissJamie on March 08, 2006 05:41 AM
hi there! maybe this will help?
The Seed Site
columbine seed pod

-
 -
*~*Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.
*~* http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2125497034
by tkhooper on March 08, 2006 05:59 AM
the seed site is wonderful and has helped me alot. One thing about the columbine is that the seed pod has to mature and it takes forever. (at least if your as impatient as I am) If you harvest to soon the seeds won't be there. So wait until the seed pod is entirely brown but before it opens a hole in the bottom for the seeds to escape through. Needless to say I was out there everyday checking lol. Mine usually had about 75 seeds per pod so I was able to trade a lot.

-
 -
by SpringFever on March 08, 2006 06:52 AM
That is a great site Thanks a bunch everyone here is so nice can't wait to get those seeds [clappy] I am gonna have a blast the next stage in gardening [devil]

-
 -
by Jiffymouse on October 10, 2006 04:55 AM
[thumb]
by Jiffymouse on November 10, 2006 11:05 AM
[flower]

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: