The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

overseeding preemergence herbiside ambivalance ?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: overly rootbound spiderplant| Next thread: Overwatered avocdo tree »
Back to Thread index
by ahmetakman on August 26, 2005 07:35 PM
Hi,
As a new commer I want to say hello to everybody.
I live in Ankara, Turkey. (hot summers 90F day time 60F nights) to cold winters (5F nights)
I have a clay soil that compacts easily.
I started my lawn 2 months ago and have a nice lawn around 80% of my garden. In the remaining 20% I have bare spots and annual blue grass started to come out. I want to overseed the area but with increased frequency of watering I fear blue grass infestation can increase, on the other side if I use a preemergent herbice my overseeding will not be possible for next 1? month.
What do you prefer if its your lawn, overseed, wait for new lawn become established and use herbicide after, or use herbicide wait 1 month and overseed after?
by Dixie Angel on August 26, 2005 07:40 PM
[wayey] , ahmetakman! Sorry that I don't have the answers for your questions, but I am sure someone will be along shortly to fill you in. I just wanted to welcome you to The Garden Helper...Hope you find all the answers you need and that you have fun while doing so...

Dianna

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: overly rootbound spiderplant| Next thread: Overwatered avocdo tree »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: