The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bell Pepper

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: begonias| Next thread: Bell Pepper Plants »
Back to Thread index
by Marina on June 09, 2006 11:21 AM
Hey guys [Smile]

I just have a quick queston about one of my peppers. This bell pepper plant grew one bell pepper baby (which continues to grow bigger and bigger) that isn't getting any bigger or growing other peppers. The other pepper plants are waaay bushier and bigger. I did not pick off the first bloom, am I right to assume that this pepper plant will basically just grow one pepper?

Guess this will teach me to pick those blooms next time [Smile]
by Danno on June 09, 2006 04:22 PM
aye pick the blooms. . . [Smile] I wouldnt see why it would stop growing though? Its strength is all going to the pepper right now. . b ut after thats harvested, should it not rightfully start growing bigger? (PICK THOSE BLOOMS! [Smile] )
by Marina on June 10, 2006 03:00 AM
I know... I learned my lesson. However, now the bell pepper is basically half-size I don't think I should pick it off now (should I?). I would just laugh if it made just the one!

I hope it does go back to growing when its done making the bell pepper. It is a nice looking pepper though [Smile]
by cookinmom on June 13, 2006 02:34 AM
Marina, my bell pepper did the same thing. It got one pepper, and no more blooms. I picked the pepper last week, and since then there have been three blooms on the plant, and one of them has a little baby pepper.
So, I guess once you pick the pepper, the blooming starts up again. I did not know then that I should pick off that first bloom. I just about can't bring myself to pick off a flower!
[Embarrassed]

-
Real women don't have hot flashes -- we have power surges!
by Gerald Bush on June 13, 2006 07:50 AM
Bell Pepper Question:

My first Bell Pepper (Pimiento) of the season developed a brown spot that turned into a hole last night.

I notice on many of my pepper plants, the leaves are developing holes, as well as my basil.

Any suggestions.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: begonias| Next thread: Bell Pepper Plants »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: